Suspension Fault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

TimLR3

Freeflytim said:
You just spent $54k on a Land Rover and you are complaining about filling it up?? Im not the sharpest tack in the box but I knew what I was buying.:biggrin: Im happy to get 14mpg! I never expected a 3 ton truck to get any better. It isn't a Honda CR-V.
I knew exactly what I was buying and it wasn't a vehicle that would get 13-14 MPG. The sticker said 14 City and 18 Highway and that's what I expected. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

R

rangestormer82

I think you should all stop being such whiny *******. You bought a British car that has had problems from day one. (And I don't mean day one of the LR3, I mean day one of the Rover Car Co.) British cars (Aston's aside) are not exactly known for their brilliant wiring systems. Jaguar and LR especially! You bought cars that have state of the art technology made with the most archaic, stone-age components. Get over it! It's a 3 ton SUV. NO 3 TON SUV GETS GOOD MPG!!! (Or maybe you haven't been clued in) This forum is making me not want to buy a LR. Not because I'm worried that the car isn't a good car, but because I don't want to end up sounding like all of you. You expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter because you drive a Land Rover? I hope that someday some of you have real problems to worry about instead of just ******** about your overpriced, unreliable pieces of British trash.

T

toddjb123

askewed said:

If the LR3 stickers said 11 - 14 MPG... There would be no complaining about 13.5 MPG but it says 14 - 18 MPG and that's a flat out lie.

Maybe this falls in the fine print of "your mileage may vary."

I get exactly what it says with 5600K on it. In fact, if I reset the trip computer on a highway trip I actually get 18.8 MPG and that's driving 65-75 in Sport mode the whole way.

If I don't mess with the trip computer I average 15.7ish.

The mileage sucks, but I knew that going into it. What I didn't figure was how much gas would go up since I bought it! $70 for a premium fill-up....DAMN!!!!!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not wrong but what isn't being factored in is that the truck seems to get negative 43 MPG when it's at a stop and idling. And that doesn't have thing one to do with how much the thing weighs.

F

Freeflytim

My comfuser showed 296mpg once, I was coasting down a mountain in N, tho.

A

aah78

suspension fault too

new LR3.
discovered the fantastic electronic raise/lower suspension button and was fascinated by it. used it daily - every single time somebody got in/out of the car.
result - car:
around 3500 miles the Suspension Fault light comes on. Resets when the car is turned off and on again in a minute or so but comes on intermittently after every 10 miles of driving or so.
7500 mile service is done at around 5000 miles.
service center can't find a fault code but they find that the master cylinder was failing, which is replaced and the car is back to being a darling.
restult - me:
have to stop behaving like a kid and grow up. now i try and restrain myself from using the magic raise/lower button and the car has been fine for the past 2000 miles.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use it EVERY time we enter and exit the truck... That's what it's for. No shame.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use it all the time too. You shouldn't have to avoid using something on your car, especially, something that is meant for you to use day in and day out.

Example: So if you for some odd reason hurt your back, and the only way to get in and out of your car is to lower it each time, are you gonna not lower the car and endure the pain?

Trust me, I highly doubt the reason for your "suspension fault" is you raising it up and down all the time, there's something already wrong with the system.(ie:master cylinder replacement or compressor or wiring)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi