Suspension Fault - C1A36-01

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IID tool can do it, I'm sure others can as well. If you don't have a tool maybe just verify that when they flashed your car they did it with the AMK and not Hitachi programming. Either way sounds like the compressor is faulty I hope they last a lot longer than 50k but they do get worked. Is it still going up and down? second error could just be after reinstall, or maybe a tube is pinched. I'd clear and try again

How do I check with IId tool? I have one.

Nothing is pinched I installed perfectly. I am thinking the second code was there before as I only checked codes over a week ago and have been driving it with the issue.

Think it's a bad compressor??? Might be. Hell it looked like it has 100k miles of dust and dirt on it. The interior of the dryer looked in great shape and the interior of the compressor looked great too. I inspected both under the caps. But.. could be an electronic failure.

Last edited:

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can check later today it is in there somewhere as I used it to reprogram mine when I switched to amk. All I know is in my experience with the Hitachi that it was very frustrating, I rebuild everything possible part on it. Had it working on the bench with good pressures etc, but would still throw codes once in car, I checked for leaked around pump and valve blocks, I think it was actually the eletric motor just loosing power.

Replaced with AMK and no problems but only have about 20k on it. Have heard of AMK failing but not an expert. Symptoms sound like compressor but isn't a cheap part.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can check later today it is in there somewhere as I used it to reprogram mine when I switched to amk. All I know is in my experience with the Hitachi that it was very frustrating, I rebuild everything possible part on it. Had it working on the bench with good pressures etc, but would still throw codes once in car, I checked for leaked around pump and valve blocks, I think it was actually the eletric motor just loosing power.

Replaced with AMK and no problems but only have about 20k on it. Have heard of AMK failing but not an expert. Symptoms sound like compressor but isn't a cheap part.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing if I can adapt it with IIDTool. Not looking forward to buying A new compressor... but I know how to change it out now. Ha

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the option in the IID tool. I didn't check what it was set to. I did however just reflash the system to AMK just to be sure. Both the codes still exist. Starting to think its something wrong with the compressor.

I wonder if its bad for me to drive or tow with this? I was going to tow a small camp trailer this weekend.

Here are a couple bulletins that coincide with the codes.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...2UtNWQ3Yy00NmEzLThiNmQtYjUwYTA3OWQxYzFk&hl=en = C1A13-64
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2012/SB-10043885-6626.pdf = C1A36-01

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the compressor or some part of it is bad. Probably ordering a new AMK tomorrow.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I have an update and I'm looking for input. I ended up ordering a compressor but it didn't come in last week. So I called a friend who owns a 12 LR4 on Saturday and talked him into letting me do a quick swap of his AMK compressor to see if that was the issue. I can literally swap a compressor in 10 min now. LoL

Sooo..... it was not the issue. I have a new compressor that was delivered but Im 99.9% sure that is not the issue after the swap with my buddies so I'm going to return it.

Screen shot from the second code on the repair manual attached -

What should I try from here? Clearly its not venting...

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 9.16.22 PM.png

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im now leaning towards the rear transfer relief valve. Its right behind the drivers side rear tire. I tapped on it with a screw driver and it seemed to hold the code off for 10-15 seconds. Also these solenoid valves are electronically controlled and I have a hunch its holding off the venting.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested to see what it is. I know when I was going through mine I had a few other ideas like valve blocks, intake filter, etc. I remember watching a couple diagnostic videos story Wilson did on YouTube

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested to see what it is. I know when I was going through mine I had a few other ideas like valve blocks, intake filter, etc. I remember watching a couple diagnostic videos story Wilson did on YouTube

Can you find a link to those videos? I also read a TSB that said it may be the wiring under the LH headlamp. I removed mine and all the wiring is fine so its not that.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just search "RSW solutions air suspension" on YouTube it's on a LR3 but should be the same as ours

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72