Suspension Fault - Drivers seat heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Sch

Reaction score
I'm a new (to me) Range Rover owner with no experience with Land Rovers.

I have a couple of issues that I'm hoping someone can answer.

Suspension Fault.
Last week the Suspension Fault light came on the dash as my wife was driving. Long story short, LR of Nashville found the front right strut had a leak in the air bladder so they replaced that strut. Once back in Knoxville, we cleaned the car and parked it for 5 days. I got in it this morning (23 deg. F) and had a Suspension Fault warning. The care was parked all that time in the access height, so I selected normal ride height. The care continued to issue that warning until I cleared it by pressing the "OK" button. It then continued to inform me that the height was raising or adjusting (I cant remember exactly). Finally, the new strut let out a pop and raised to the normal height which matched the other 3 sides that had already achieved the correct height.

For about the first 5 miles the truck road rough and the first mile was a little bumpy. When I got to work (20 miles), I parked and lowered and raised the suspension several times. It raised quickly like normal and lowered just fine.

So the questions are the following: Does or could the temperature have caused this issue? Is this common or should I have the new strut inspected?

Drivers seat heater.

During the test drive, the cooling and heating option for the drivers seat worked fine. I got in the car this morning and the drivers seat did not heat up. However, the passengers seat did heat up in the middle. What could cause the drivers seat to not heat up and is this something that an average or below average shade tree mechanic can fix?

Thanks,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the new air bag made noises I would at least have it checked out.

As far as the seat heater, if the switch lights up that it is working then it probably is a bad heating element, sadly not expensive but a PITA to change. So cost depends on if you do it, or pay someone to do it.

MaVeRiC

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my LR4 landmark. ive been having some SUSPENSION FAULT errors since ive owned the vehicle last Nov of 2016. The dealer could not sort the problem out once the scan it they can see the error. But when your start the vehicle the error seems to go away. Ive had several trip to the dealer with this issue and still didnt have a permanent fix. i cant imagine how this happen to a brand new truck and how the dealer have a hard time on figuring this issue, where this seems to be common on Range/Land Rover vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72