Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ablood008

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an 07 HSE with 90K on it. A couple of days ago I got the amber suspension warning light accompanied with a message that read "Suspension Fault, Normal Height Only". It will go away for a bit after the truck has been sitting for a while but then it comes back on usually within 30 minutes of drive time. It has been pretty hot where I live (over 105 the past couple days) so I'm wondering if this is a heat related issue. Any suggestions as to what this might be?

Thanks

wtrskir7

Reaction score
I have on 06 range rover sport that is doing the same thing and I have moderate ambient tempatures in the 70's.....warning light comes on after drving 1/4 down the road.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might listen to the compressor, is it laboring more than usual, running a long time, etc. It might be heating up. The heat could harden up the aging decadant in the air dryer and restrict it. It's a good idea to consider a renewal kit on the compressor and new air dryer with comes with new beads.

Additionally there was a TSB for an update to the compressor ECU and a new relay, which lowers the operating pressure in the compressor. This usually is done when you've been forced to buy a new one after you burn yours up. There is no harm in doing it before hand (to you).

As always, check your brake light bulbs, and switch, although this does not sound like your problem.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
I've got an 06 LR3 and I've had years of suspension issues...I have replaced the left front height sensor, re-calibrated the air suspension, had a new suspension overlay line installed, got a new battery and new negative battery cable, and had the right front suspension arm replaced...all since 2008. I have had the same issues you described, and no one can put a finger on the cause..I'm actually filing a BBB complaint this week.
So I can't help, but I'd start with the battery....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to check your brake lights and brake pedal switch....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a little switch up behind the dash where your brake pedeal goes....like if you were to reach up there...and anywhere there is a cheap little switch that sometimes goes bad and needs to be replaced. There are lots of threads on this forum about it.

victorhess

Reaction score
I had the same issue last week on my '06 LR3. The compressor was running a long time, the the amber light showed up. The dealership in Nashville replaced the compressor yesterday for $1,000. Works fine now and no more fault light.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, new air compressor. Will be close to $1000 as Victor stated

palmettorover

Reaction score
Had similar issue happen twice-"Suspension Fault" repeatedly on my '05. Dealer said it was the air compressor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72