SVX

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by adorsett, Jan 11, 2018.

1. adorsett

adorsett Member

I wanted to create a thread where we can all combine notes on the SVX. I'm eagerly waiting the ability to order through my dealer though they seem to be the typical clueless dealer...

2. JPG_91

JPG_91 New Member

I too am waiting on information regarding the SVX. I almost bought an HSE D5 a few months ago but couldn’t quite pull the trigger on it because of the looks. When i saw the SVX pictures I finally saw what I wanted out of the truck. My only concern going forward is where they price it out at. Hard to justify it if it’s up around 100k.

3. Kbutler1

Kbutler1 Active Member

Very cool!
    But yeah, after reading about the engine they are putting in it, it makes me think the price will be out of reach for most folks that want it.

4. ougrad1

ougrad1 Full Access Member

$75k - $80k and I’ll buy it. More than that creeps into other vehicles that I feel would suit me better.

5. Kbutler1

Kbutler1 Active Member

It's a shame they didn't release a version of this minus the V8 during the D5 launch.
    Might have helped the negativity some have against this iteration (or not, who knows)

6. bgsntth

bgsntth Full Access Member

Noticed they took all references to the Disco SVX off LRUSA. What's up? I'm still lobbying SWMBO for the SVX, as this intrigued her while the D5 remains on her "no way" list.

7. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

I agree, couldn't trade my V8 LR4 for the D5. Wife hates the look of it and how you see under the hood rather than over the hood when looking out the windshield. (And she is 5' 10") SCV8 in the SVX may help me deal with the jellybean shape and hideous tailgate design.