System Faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demk13

Reaction score
Hi there,

We purchased a Disco 3 2007 MY08 1 year ago. Since having it we have had many issues with the first being the Engine System Faulty which was diagnosed by 3 different mechanics including LR who stated that the High Pressure Fuel pump needed to be replaced. So while trying to save to have this issue repaired, we had the Suspension, Transmission, HDC, Engine System Fault and Park Break Light Faulty warnings appearing every time we tried to pick up speed which was then putting us into limp mode and we had to pull over and restart the car again. Once we repaired the HPFP by LR i asked if the vehicle wont go into limp mode again seeing that was the issue was repaired, and to my surprise LR said "Well it went into limp mode after we took it for a run once the repair was done"
mad.png
mad.png
mad.png
UM Ok so ive just spent thousands of dollars on a part they told me needed replacing and yet the vehicle was still not fixed. I have no idea what to do. Now with all these existing faulty warnings still appearing I dont know what other options I could try without spending more thousands of dollars to repair it all and the car still goes into limp mode. They then did another diagnosis and said i needed the compressor replaced and transmission as well..When all along they told me only the High Pressure Fuel Pump is the one that needed repairing. Can someone please give me any advice???
Also when we start up the vehicle the amber suspension light appears and makes a bell sound. so i turn it off then restart the car and it does the same thing and then on the 3rd go at restarting its ok. Why does it do this? and sometimes when i start it up it says "Special features unavailable normal height selected"(or something along the lines of that)

PLEASE HELP!!!! I have no idea about cars and I just find this vehicle just a headache. Within 1 year of owning it im looking at spending over $10,000 to fix it up.

Globetrotter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With those amount of faults, I would check that the battery is good "under load" and whether the alternator is putting out around 14 volts + when running. If not, then battery or alternator needs replacing

demk13

Reaction score
thank you will try out the battery. Am waiting for the brake light switch to arrive so we can install to see if that will fix the problem. If not we will do the battery next

5crows

Reaction score
Agree, weak battery and lots of faults for me to puzzle and worry about. New battery and bliss returned for $200 bucks last summer. Battery was not cheap but worth it today at -12F.

demk13

Reaction score
Thankyou. Am going to get new battery tomorrow. The new break light switch arrived and we installed it, but all the dash lights came on and wouldnt turn off. So we changed it back to the old one and the lights only come up now and then

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should also check for corrosion in the wiring under the door sills (and sometime in the center console if the sunroof was ever left open or a drink spilled). The LR3 is known to have water get into the cabin from either clogged sunroof drains or from the winshield cowl having a bow in it directly in front of the passenger seat area (water runs down the windshield and gets under the cowl and works its way into the engine area and then through the firewall openings into the cabin. When this happens water finds it way down to the harnesses along the footwells of either side (often the passenger side) and then under the door sills/footplates. Corroded wires or faulty splices in these areas are know to throw all kinds of crazy suspension faults and cause limp-mode issues. Unfortunately, it will take a little time to open all that up and check the wires, but it would be a lot less than replacing all of those components if not needed.

Juan Jose sb

Reaction score
Buen día yo tu el mismo problema, en resumen se cambio la batería, se cambio aceite de caja de velocidades, filtro de aceite de caja de velocidades, se cambio la bomba de combustible, se cambiaron los catalizadores, los ignition coil y siempre terminaba dando el mismo problema, en resumen no era nada de esto , era el enfriador de aceite de la caja de velocidades que estaba dañado edy se encuentra dentro del mismo radiador de enfriamiento del motor , se cambio el radiador completo PCC500490 / Radiator Assembly y listo no más problema y potencia completa espero sirva de algo

rs7trout

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LR3--battery went dead--but before doing so started throwing all kinds of codes as others have mentioned--replaced it for free by my shop(thought it was a bad battery)--battery went dead again--and again more codes--of course at this point I'm thinking maybe something serious is wrong -- replaced the alternator--after a couple of days some more codes and hesitant start--replaced starter--all codes went away and back to normal. Most likely if I knew it was the starter to begin with it would have solved all problems--maybe! Electric gremlins are the worse for Rovers!! Just posting this for other who might have a similar experience!!

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buen día yo tu el mismo problema, en resumen se cambio la batería, se cambio aceite de caja de velocidades, filtro de aceite de caja de velocidades, se cambio la bomba de combustible, se cambiaron los catalizadores, los ignition coil y siempre terminaba dando el mismo problema, en resumen no era nada de esto , era el enfriador de aceite de la caja de velocidades que estaba dañado edy se encuentra dentro del mismo radiador de enfriamiento del motor , se cambio el radiador completo PCC500490 / Radiator Assembly y listo no más problema y potencia completa espero sirva de algo

A little Google Translation to make this easier to read:

Good day I you the same problem, in short the battery was changed, gearbox oil was changed, gearbox oil filter, fuel pump was changed, the catalysts were changed, the ignition coil and always ended giving the same problem, in short it was none of this, it was the oil cooler of the gearbox that was damaged edy is located inside the same engine cooling radiator, the radiator was changed full PCC500490 / Radiator Assembly and ready no more problem and full power I hope it serves something

Walt Niehoff

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my ‘07.
The battery tested fine, but it wasn’t.
Replaced the battery, all the problems went away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72