Tell me which year/ model to buy please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

I_am_cooler_now

I am very very new to the Land Rover brand. I was told a few days ago that back in the '40's/ 50's and 60's they were made tough, very tough. They were droped from planes, built to take a beating, could go anywhere and then the company was taken over and quality droped off some. Can anyone tell me what year the company was taken over? And is my friend not hitting the marks when she states facts about the old ones? So just tell me which year/ model to buy and I will look for it.

Thanks.

P.S. Am I much cooler now, or just a little bit cooler?

L

Landydan

There is any number of landies you can buy which are "indesructable", they are pretty much all built using the same technology as they used back in the 50's when you look into it but have been gradually improved over the years. The one you have the link to is a series 3 109", with a 2.25l petrol engine these are underpowered, sluggish off the mark and thirsty, but not as bad as the 2.25 diesel which are slow and hard work. However they are great workhorses and will take any amount of junk in the back and as much abuse as you can throw at it.
I have a 91 defender 90 which is great but modern for a landy but also have a 1969 series 2a 88" 2.25 petrol which is really basic but great fun and remarkably quick. i also have an 82 series 3 petrol 88" which is probably the most comfortable "leafer" landy. I would recommend this as a classic or a 90 defender if you are after something a little more powerful and comfy.

hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72