the LR4 19inch tire dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebigtruck

Reaction score
I'm starting to transition my '15 LR4 HSE to handle better offroad and am faced with the tire dilemma.

I am aware of the Goodyear All-Terrain Adventure P255/55 R19 which were successfully driven on the 1,000,000th and is a fine enough option. But there is also the Wrangler Duratrac P255/55 R19 XL which I can only find is sold by Wal-Mart. Not even listed in this size on the Goodyear site.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Duratrac-P-255-55R19-XL/43079826

Anybody know if this will fit. All signs point to yes, but I have no verification from anywhere.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tire will fit if it's listed in 255/55 R19.

The Duratrac is the tire recommended by Land Rover. They've used it in their off-road promotional vehicles. I have read that you can also get them through the Goodyear stores themselves, which I would do over WalMart.

There is also the Cooper Zeon LTZ.

Many have moved to an 18" wheel, which really opens up the options a bit.

Last edited:

Perseus

Reaction score
I recommend Duratrac vs any other brand. However in the size 255/55R19, the load rating of 111 is on the low side

thebigtruck

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. What's weird is the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (P) 255/55R19/XL Tire 111S isn't listed on the Goodyear site. But that's an issue I'll take up with them.

I understand that I cannot downsize to 18inch on a '15 LR4 because the wheel doesn't fit, the brakes I think. Our local LR mechanics say there is maybe an Aussie company this is starting to make compatible 18" wheels, which would be my pref. I had BF Goodrich AT/S on my '04 Disco and thought they were fabulous.

thx again.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. What's weird is the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (P) 255/55R19/XL Tire 111S isn't listed on the Goodyear site. But that's an issue I'll take up with them.

I understand that I cannot downsize to 18inch on a '15 LR4 because the wheel doesn't fit, the brakes I think. Our local LR mechanics say there is maybe an Aussie company this is starting to make compatible 18" wheels, which would be my pref. I had BF Goodrich AT/S on my '04 Disco and thought they were fabulous.

thx again.

There are many threads devoted to this (one of which is here on the front page of this forum), so some research is in your future.

Put succinctly, you can buy 18" Compmotive wheels that will fit without a hitch.

You can also fit 18" Land Rover wheels from an LR3 by using a 1" (requires slight grinding of the caliper) or 1.25" wheel spacer.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run this size Duratrac and ordered it from Tire Rack with no issues. It has been a good tire, only adding a bit of cabin noise; more noticeable than the OE highway tires but not nearly approaching the "annoying" side of the spectrum.

I have about 16k miles on them and the wear seems even with no degradation of the tread blocks. Of course, the last two winters we had here in NJ have been mild so they have not really been able to prove themselves but others who have had them off road have been happy. Interesting to note, that Goodyear makes a specific statement about only the 255/55 R19 of the Duratrac is not for severe snow use...it may have to do with tread depth available.

MPG suffers a bit, probably down 1 to 1.5 over my OE Continentals. I also keep the TP higher than the recommended, 45 front and rear and find it to be a good balance of comfort and firmness. I don't drive my truck like I drive cars, so performance is fine.

If you have more of a budget I agree the Compos are ideal, but I have been happy with my setup.

Hope this info helps.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to transition my '15 LR4 HSE to handle better offroad and am faced with the tire dilemma.

I am aware of the Goodyear All-Terrain Adventure P255/55 R19 which were successfully driven on the 1,000,000th and is a fine enough option. But there is also the Wrangler Duratrac P255/55 R19 XL which I can only find is sold by Wal-Mart. Not even listed in this size on the Goodyear site.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Duratrac-P-255-55R19-XL/43079826

Anybody know if this will fit. All signs point to yes, but I have no verification from anywhere.

It does appear the tire has disappeared from the Goodyear site again (in the 255/55/19 size). This happened not that long ago and then it reappeared with a new part number. Maybe they ran out of stock again.

This tire you linked to at Walmart has the old part number. When they recently updated the Duratrac in the 255/55/19 size the part number changed, try searching for this part number,150884574, to see if anyone else has it in stock.

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my duratracs, did a bunch of research on what's available and the coopers are the only other option I would have gone with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA