the LR4 19inch tire dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesdchang

Reaction score
Im with Waterndirt. I ordered these for my 2011 LR4 from Tire Rack without issue. I paid 942.52 which includes a 2 year road hazard, mileage warranty and a $50 rebate at the time.

They were whisper quiet when i first got them. But after taking them off road in the Mojave and then driving on pavement for about 15k miles they were unbearably loud for my taste.

I think for some decent off road adventures an 18" would be better.

Mohave-Angela.jpg

Mohave-Skyline.jpg

Mohave-incline.jpg

Crosboro

Reaction score
For those with 19" wheels, has your dealer's service dept told you that the Coopers or Goodyears available in 19" "too much for your vehicle"? I asked about both of those, and that was the response, and that it is too much for the drive train. I find that rather hard to believe, given the off-road abilities of Land Rovers. Mine is a 2010 LR2.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with 19" wheels, has your dealer's service dept told you that the Coopers or Goodyears available in 19" "too much for your vehicle"? I asked about both of those, and that was the response, and that it is too much for the drive train. I find that rather hard to believe, given the off-road abilities of Land Rovers. Mine is a 2010 LR2.

Your service department is staffed by idiots.

aakempvt

Reaction score
That's idiotic on many levels.

aakempvt

Reaction score
I run 255/55/19 Cooper Xeons. I have about 7k on them. I find them a bit loud and will probably try to find something quieter when they wear out. They're unstoppable off road though.

I'd be interested to see reviews of the new Continental ATs.

Crosboro

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses--that's pretty much what I figured. Also appreciate the input on the noise from the Coopers, and also look forward to reviews on the Continentals.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coopers are quiet when new but get pretty loud by about 15K miles. However, for beach driving in soft sand, they tend to dig when new and float better when worn. So now I run 3 sets of tires, Nokians in winter, Coopers in summer, Michelin LTX in spring & fall.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 2.5 set of GY DuraTrac. 0.5 because I had two of the sidewall cut on the trails.

wyrover

Reaction score
I have the Duratracs on our 07' HSE in the 19" size and love them. They do great in the winter as well. I've got about 20k on them and they are wearing well and I don't notice any more road noise than when they were new. I do rotate them on a regular basis and also bought a 5th tire for a spare that I include with my rotations. Will probably buy them again when they wear out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV