the LR4 19inch tire dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do! Just ordered a full set of the TerrainContacts! I'll post a pic when they are on

Oh thats excellent! Cant wait to see the pictures and your review. What size did you end up ordering, I am planning to stick with the factory 255/55/19.

Kerrie

Reaction score
Oh thats excellent! Cant wait to see the pictures and your review. What size did you end up ordering, I am planning to stick with the factory 255/55/19.

Sticking to the factory size too. Was telling the husband, while I'm excited about getting the truck tomorrow, I am almost more excited for the new tires! Haha

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sticking to the factory size too. Was telling the husband, while I'm excited about getting the truck tomorrow, I am almost more excited for the new tires! Haha

Ha.

And perfect! As I want to see how they look on the factory 19 inch size. Also, curios what your first impressions would be as far as the difference between the ride quality since you will be driving with the existing tires that come with your truck and then moving to the TerrainContact.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Continental did test their TerrainContact with LR4 as the truck shows up in the following promotional video from them a few times:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also, please don't forget the mandatory/obligatory pix from various angles :) Have to see what the tire looks like on the truck :)

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the duratracs for about 2 years or so and love them. Slight increase in noise, but nothing to worry about. No issues with load rating and they have performed great in the Mojave and on a few ski trips. I would strongly recommend them....but, I wonder if the Duratracs are still an option. I too note that our size is not listed on the web page and last week, a friend of mine was unable to find any...and he tried several venues. He ended up getting the new Conny AT's. Interested to see how they work out...

thebigtruck

Reaction score
Update: my local Goodyear guy won't sell me the Duratrac because of the speed rating. Says it is a Q but LR4 recommended is a V. Can anyone provide some insight?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find a new guy.

Land Rover themselves uses the Duratrac on all their promotional "adventure" vehicles.

b15ef80bbfb01d4d663a4d56a826547e.jpg

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my duratracs at simpletire.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi