The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't "fit" unless you make some additional modifications but even with that, they won't fit if vehicle looses the air.
They are however functioning in full turning at normal ride height but this was after adjusting the right hand slider rearwards about 5mm and creating more space at the ARB bumper lower trim pieces.

Remember that these are listed as 33.7, and that appears to be accurate. This means any more in width or diameter or use of spacers with even this size, will be virtually impossible without severe limitations in suspension travel/movements by way of the strut spacers or actual major. sheet metal cutting.

I'm using the lower heights to identify remaining tight spots so I don't have to worry about what heights it's at or off-road tight turns during articulation.

Without the strut spacers, this would require a flat bed to go anywhere if air is lost. Strut spacers are going in next week or two...

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahuya is mostly too tame. I'll probably go to Index or Elbe ORV parks. Little more finessing still to do first though. Biggest test will be some of the cross axle situations and especially a tight left turn at Index that I had to do in 2 steps last time.

We shall see if having a full 1" more clearance helps much .

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahuya is tame, but it's got enough areas where you can flex...and tame might be good for this particular scenario. I suppose a crew can be assembled....depending of course on the "when" factor. I have two young daughters in sports and that kind of takes up some Saturdays.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, while tame in terms of ruggedness, there are many full flex locations and tight turns.

I have flexible time, weekdays too.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll let ya know. I'd like to see your build with these near-34s, that's for sure.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed ... after at least 30 stages of bending 13 locations. The ASFIR engineers didn't account for the future potential of enlarged aftermarket exhaust tubes!

IMG_9113.JPG
IMG_9114.JPG

This now represents the lowest clearance point and is right at 14" on maximum height. At the slider it's 17-18" front to rear. Not bad considering it can also get inside a standard 81" garage door with a rack still on.

For respective, a solid axle vehicle with 36" tires will loose about 5" at the differential 18-5=13. This is what's so awesome about EAS when configured to its potential.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright...if I can make it I'll let you know. I presume my 6 yr old has a Softball game though. I miss too many of these things during football season; I have to be a good boy the rest of the year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut