The Seafoam Picture and Instruction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

No,
You will still have to go and get the cides cleard once it is fixed.
Mike J.

Roverhound

Reaction score
To reset the codes, disconnect your negative battery cable for about 10 minutes. That will shut your light off unless you are still throwing codes.

D

discomike

On a Disco 2 with a hard code set you can only remove it with a scanner or test book, unhooking the battery will not remove those codes.
Mike J.

I

iggywanna

ok so where do you do it on a disco 1

I would like to do this on my disco 1 and have read about it a few times but on the manifold where would you put it in.??
thanks
Erich

D

discomike

Look at your throttle body and intake manifold, find a vaccumn line that is easy to get to that has good vaccumn and that is the spot.
Buy 2 or 3 feet of line hook it up and stick the other end into the bottle of SeaFoam or what ever you are using. Regulate the flow into the engine so it is slow and takes up to 5 minutes, I do that by squeezing the tube with a pair of needle nose plyers. When your done turn off the engine for 30 minutes and then go drive.
Mike J.

K

kapaduch

ok, well guys, i tried the seafoam, and damn you guys weren't lying about that smoke, i thought i was going to get a ticket or something, looked like the back of my car was on fire. BUT SADLY, this didnt fix the problem. I also used motor flush, and changed the oil, and added a bottle of seafoam to the crankcase as well. Still no help though. The problem is getting worse now too, i cant go on a highway for more than two minutes before it starts jumping, and the light starts blinking. Now it feels like it is idling a little rougher as well...AHHHHH WHEN WILL IT STOPPPP!!. So i went back to autozone, got my light read again and guess whatttt ELEVEN codes this time, haha im getting worse. But there were actually only eight codes, and a couple repeats. I wrote them down this time, hoping somebody could better help me out this way, so here they are:
P0300
P1300
P0308
P0305
P0303
P0304
P0302
P0150
Guys I'm really lost on this one, its definately getting worse, and im about to cave and take it to the rover dealer, but haha honestly i dont think i can even get it there anymore, without jumping the engine out of the freaking car. Any more ideas??? anybody??? i really appreciate the help so far, anything else would really be appreciated. I'm starting to dislike my land rover.
PLEASE HELPPPP,
thanks,
Kevin P.

K

kapaduch

Thanks for thel link. I checked out what the codes were, one was a multiple cylinder misfire code, the others were individual misfire codes, i couldnt find the P1300 code, but the P0150 was an OXYGEN SENSOR CYCLE MALFUNCTION???, do you think this could be causing the misfires somehow?? or is this just another result of the misfires?? Also just curious what is an MAF?,
Thanks again guys?
Thanks,
Kevin P.

D

discomike

If you have that many misfires your O2 sensors are going crazy.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
D1 1998

iggywanna said:
I would like to do this on my disco 1 and have read about it a few times but on the manifold where would you put it in.??
thanks
Erich

This is where u add SeaFoam. Good Luck.
1998 D1

Attachments

• Cnv0183.jpg
    Cnv0183.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,350

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members