The Seafoam Picture and Instruction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

kapaduch

sorry for the confustion, but are saying that because of the misfires the O2 is messing up?, so it is not causing any problems?
Thanks, again,
Kevin P.

C

campbell

Who changed your plug wires? Did you verify the order of your new plug wires? Make sure this is correct.

D

discomike

What I was trying to say and probably didn't was that if you have mutilpe misfires, all the extra unburned fuel, or partially burned fuel, will cause the O2 sensors to over correct your engine management system do to incorrect readings and if it goes on long enough you can foul out the O's.
Mike J.

K

kapaduch

I replaced the wires myself, but yes i did go back and make sure they were in the correct order, and i replaced them because of the misfiring, so it was not a result of that. But i have been reading up on coil packs causing similar problems to what i am experiencing, anybody know anything about that, does a 00 D2 even have coil packs? or how to test them? sorry for my incompetance.
Thanks,
kevin P.

D

discomike

Kevin, yes you have a coil pack, that is what the plug wires are pluged into instead of a distributor. Coil packs are know to fail like anything else, it is not commom but it happens, and yes they can be tested but that would be something your
I would seriously look at a carbon problem causing the misfires and deal with that.
Mike J.

K

kapaduch

I agree, that the carbon could be what is causing all the problems, but i have read on another forum that somebody had similar misfires in their range rover, and it got progressively worse rather quickly, which is what mine has done it has gone from unnoticable except for the blinking light, to now it is jumping and idling rough, and blinking light still, but this is within a matter of a week. Wouldnt you think that a carbon build up, would be a much slower deterioration since it takes some time for carbon to build up. And also arent the D2 valves supposed to alot better about carbon build up? Sorry and one more thing, if it is the carbon, what more can i do? i ran a bottle of seafoam through, i changed the oil, with motor flush, then added another bottle of seafoam to the crankcase, i used injector cleaner in my tank, now im out of ideas, i really appreciate the help so far though, but im running out of things i can do, any suggestions??
Thanks,
Kevin P.

K

kapaduch

sorry on that last post, i meant he had similar problems, and the problem turned out to be one of his coil packs.

D

discomike

You are going to need to get someone to plug into that truck and see what is going on.
Mike J.

K

kapaduch

yea thats what i was afraid of, BLASTED the dealer wins again. I'll take it in tomorow and get it checked out, i'll let you guys know the outcome.
Thanks for the help, maybe next time i can aviod the dealer,
Thanks,
kevin P.

Roverhound

Reaction score
It may not clear the codes Mike, but it will shut the light off until another code is thrown.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV