thermostat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have it figured out. Thanks again. This is where I'm at with it. The block is cracked, I had our local celebrity machinest tig weld and seal the block for porosity. I'm waiting on 30 over 10.25 to 1 pistons and Darton top hat liners to come in before I can take it any further. Anyone have a suggestion on a cam to match? Nothing huge, just like a towing cam. I didn't need pistons or a cam, or even new bearings but if I have it down this far I might as we do it the way i want it. I always thought that these machines were under powered but I'm not looking to build a race car. I climb mountains. Any suggestions on cam, headers, chips, blah blah blah would be greatly appreciated. Joe

old rover

Reaction score
Yep it sounds like a sliped cylinder sleve hapend to my 2000
disco had to replase the block,thank god I had the extended warranty at the time.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here we are. Finally I got the motor back in the truck. had a big work load and I had to put it on hold. I had the liners replaced and I did bearings cam crank machined yada yada yada. I got it running, everything basically fell together. I kept telling myself that this is going back together too easy. I cleared the initial codes and ran it for a while and I got error code 0301 and 1319. Now what the? I have brand new magnacor and new plugs at .40. 1319 manufacturer control ignition or system misfire. what does that mean? when holding it at 2000 rpm the ses will sometimes flash. it also smells like a cat is stinking from time to time. I have checked for vacuum leaks with first a can of brakekleen and the a can of carb cleaner and nothing. It has only been running for about 2 hours off and on and has not hit the pavement yet. I was hoping to have a full on success story for you guys but I have this instead. Thanks Joe

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1319 is a misfire based on a low fuel level, mostly on #1.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the engine running, how old is the gas, is the fuel level low and is the battery low from sitting to long?
I would make sure your charging system is between 13.6 and 14.4 volts, put a can of 44K in the tank and if the CEL isn't flashing and the engine isn't running rough, go drive her a little then reset the CEL and see what happens.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again mike. Fuel is old and getting low. Battery is charging well but was low as well. After work I will run it up to the gas station. What is 44k? I have seafoam laying around, will that work?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fill your tank with fresh 91 plus, put a can of 44k in the tank at the same time. By the way, it is the best gas additive on the market and has been for over the last 20 years.
Now make sure your voltage is up and go drive her hard to clean out some of that old stale gas.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you again! I have some stuff I have to button up like the bumper and hood I will let you know what happens. You Mike, Wolf and Joey rock!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV