Tire pressure sensor probkem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I bought new rims and sensors. The sensors never worked even tho two of my local shops swore the were the right frequency for my 2016 LR4.

Yesterday I took it the dealer for service and asked them to fix the sensor problem. They put OEM sensors in. No trouble light. However I get no signal. The wheels are displayed but no pressures.

It's a three hr round trip to dealer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If I take it to dealer I'm driving 3 hrs and wasting a day. Is it worth taking to my local independent shop?

This porks me because I was there when they checked the frequency of the first set.

Frank

C4SumLR4

Reaction score
Had one of mine replaced on an LR3 which failed at the stem...had a local tire shop (Les Schwab--Fairfield, CA) do it for the cost of the part and it worked just fine. As they aren't doing anything cosmic or "Land Rover specific" I had no problem taking my LR to them instead of the dealer. 3 times cheaper than the dealer wanted...

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought but local tire guy I've been going to for 30 years put the sensors in and they never worked.

Dealer claims he "programmed" them to the vehicle. That sounds like b.s.

Question is, should I take car back to dealer (big pain) or not

Frank

C4SumLR4

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought but local tire guy I've been going to for 30 years put the sensors in and they never worked.

Dealer claims he "programmed" them to the vehicle. That sounds like b.s.

Question is, should I take car back to dealer (big pain) or not

Frank
Given a 3 hour drive, I would wait until you have another requirement for service & just keep tabs on the tire pressures manually. It won't hurt anything, just a nuisance TPMS readout...

jmars

Reaction score
Hate to be a noob and don't mean to hijack but does the LR4 TPMS system provide the tire pressure values? I have never seen this on mine and I use my own gauge.

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe not...it's a 2016.

Thanks!

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...

The set I have on my other rims does. They show pressure for each tire and also factory recommended pressures.

I wonder now if there is more than one display option?

This is the first LR I've driven in literally 59 yrs so I have no other first-hand experience.

But the manual clearly states that tire pressure is displayed.

Frank

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 2014s and later you should get that info in the instrument cluster's menu you access with the steering wheel OK button > Main Menu > Service Menu (same menu where you check the engine oil level.) My 2013 and earlier model years don't have that TPMS feature yet, so I am not 100% positive if that's how you reach that menu on newer models.

LR4 in CO

Reaction score
Your LR4 is still under warranty. I would think about taking it to the dealer and leaving it there until it's fixed and showing pressure in all 4 tires.

Someone there has the authority to give you a free loaner while yours is there, but you probably have to make an appointment and beg and/or cajole in order to get the loaner.

After all, that's clearly a safety issue!

jmars

Reaction score
I should've followed up...my problem with the pressure values was nothing more than my stupidity as I looking for it with the truck on (engine) and not just in accessory mode.

All me on this one! My tire were properly inflated however.

Thanks all

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut