Tire Size Recommendations (Newbees Have Asked a Thousand Times... I am sure.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macbright

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2004 Range Rover HSE. Yes needs TLC. I am outfitting to go to the Trail instead of the only the Mall. (No longer a Mommy Mobile an Arizona RR)

Tires - Currently has Stock Size: P255/55R19 (totally shot, has the original spare never remove from it's compartment, totally dry rotted!)
Perhaps a Silly Question But: Will P265/55R19 or P265/60R19 fit without rubbing being an issue?
Tires will be All Terrain Style - Most likely Firestone Destination A/T Special Edition which I have had great luck with on my other 2 Land Rovers in the past

I also own an 2005 LR3 SE (my second one). OEM Size: P255/60R18
Which I upped the size for OEM Size with no problem to: P265/60R18

Ok I appreciate the opinions.

Mac

200KP38

Reaction score
The 265 55 will add 2" to the overall diameter of your tire, while the 265 60's will be half that. With my RR I haven't seen (with the exception of extreme articulation offroad) anything close to creating that tight of a clearance. A good alternative, however, is going with the 255 55R19 Cooper Zeon LTZ. I drive on pretty rough roads/trails for fishing and hunting access and have had excellent results now with two sets of these tires--and no worries on clearance issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72