To buy an extended warranty on new to me Used LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kabooom2199

Reaction score
I have a used 2010 Land Rover Discovery and purchased the extended warranty through First Auto protection for about $4,700. They covered the replacement of the lower control arm bushings with a $100 deductible. Warranties on Land Rovers is highly recommendable.

Oaklandish

Reaction score
Here's another data point on extended warranties. For pricing context, I live in Northern California and this is for a MY '13, HSE Lux, with 41k miles currently.

The dealer gave me the following quote:

3yr/50k Miles: $3000
4yr/75k Miles: $4000
$100 deductible​

(The years start from now, and the miles are in addition to the current mileage of the truck.)

This is third-party coverage through MAP. These are the exclusions (some of which don't apply to the LR4, but I'm including everything they list):

Exhaust system, catalytic converter, clutch assembly, shock absorbers, alignments, wheel balances, tires, fan belts, filters, nonmetallic hoses, brake rotors and drums, brake pads and shoes, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, battery, battery cables, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, paint, carpet, bright metal, trim, sheet metal, bumpers, body panels, glass, physical damage, moldings, upholstery, weather strips, canvas top, vinyl top, fabric top, fiberglass top, air and water leaks, wind noise, squeaks and rattles, coolants and lubricants, refrigerants, tune-ups, and maintenance service.

(Value adds: Roadside assistance (up to $100 in value) and rental car up to $35/day.)​

I haven't researched this topic enough yet to know what is and isn't a common exclusion, but the fact that the air strut system seemingly isn't covered at all (through the combination of excluding shock absorbers and air leaks) is possibly a bit worrisome given that, if forum posts are any evidence, EAS-related problems can start popping up in the 50k-75k mile range.

Anyway, just wanted to share since the extended warranty topic comes up periodically but I haven't seen too many hard numbers or lists of exclusions.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought by '16 last November. Out of curiosity I telephoned LR and asked about extended coverage. They didn't want to talk about it but when pressed said the LR did offer extended warranty. They may not like the idea and dealers may get a bigger commission on 3rd party policies.

Frank

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72