top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danshepp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just changed the wheels on my series swb diesel. the landy was wearing disco series one wheels with 245 m+s tyres which was great for going off road but made driving on tarmac very heavy going. so i had this great plan to change the wheels back to original stock wheels, i found a victim that would be happy to swap wheels and tyres with me. He had stock wheels with 225 michelin m+s , anyway i changed the wheels over one evening, and of course this being ireland it started to pour out of the heavens. After a hour and a half with one jack and soaked to my boxers the job was done. So i took my landy for a drive, now you have to remember that with my old set up disco wheels etc, i could cruise at 55mph and top out at 60mphwith all the usual screams and praying i had brakes enough to stop!! With my new set up stock wheels michelin tyres etc im lucky if i can cruise at 48mph and top out at 52mph. The profile of the michelin tyres are nearly two inches bigger when stood next to the old ones .would this make that much difference to the speed of my land rover??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV