TPMS Reset??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratcliff

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 and it has TPMS, but it only tells me when the tire pressure is low. I just had all four tires replaced at a local tire shop. During the process one of the TPMS sensors broke. The tire shop bought a new one from LR and put it on. Everything worked fine for a bit, but now the "Low Tyre Pressure" light stays on. Does this need to be reprogrammed due to the new TPMS sensor? If so, does the dealer have to do this?

Thanks!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the new sensor should be identified by the system after rolling around as a running wheel for a few miles at a certain speed. No need to program it into the TPMS module. I think the fault message would be different anyway if there was an issue with the replacement sensor, like "Tire pressure not monitored", or something like that... Is it possible that the store may have underinflated one or more tires when they replaced them?

Ratcliff

Reaction score
No, the pressure is the same on all four tires and my experience is that the pressure needs to be significantly underinflated for the light to come on. I will check again tonight and see if they are all inflated to the recommended level.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the Heavy Duty package with a full size spare, remember that's monitored, too (if you have a compact donut don't worry about it as those don't have a sensor.) It would be awfully coincidental if the spare was low on air, but you never know...

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to drive 3 or 4 miles to reset my TPMS system after having my tires changed.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the tire pressure should not be the same for all 4 tires - that's a problem right there.

Typical pressures are: F33, R36 or F36 R42

Check the sticker on the inside of your drivers door jam - and set accordingly

Last edited:

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my tires rotated, balance, and pressure checked on Tuesday. Now my TPMS light is on???? Any thoughts, do I need to take it to the dealer for the sensor to recognize that they have moved???

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While after I thought about this post...I think I know what's going on....If they rotated the tires and did not change the pressure for the front and the rear....then there you go!

THANKS, Discount Tires!

Ratcliff

Reaction score
I figured it out. This is my daughter's car and she checked the pressure and they were all the same....which she thought was OK. When I checked, I realized what happened and adjusted the pressure.....the light has not come on since.

I know that a difference in tread depth can damage the transmission. I would think this only would effect the ride and tread wear. Should I worry about anything else? It has been driven 750-1,000 mileike this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72