Transmission fault, HDC, lowered suspension height -- resolved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What products/procedures do you use?

I just looked at the website and it would appear that this is the sort of stuff one best know what one is doing, otherwise results will not be so good.

What products do you use?

It would appear that as I have never used the system before, I have to use some preparation bottles first and then something else - probably the clear coat Z2-PRO stuff?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually not difficult at all. The very first thing they have you do is wash your car with a Dawn (or equivalent) dishwashing soap. This is something they recommend as a one time thing; because of the de-greasing agents in that kind of soap. Then you use the clay bar to remove surface contaminants. This is the ONLY step that requires care. You basically go lightly over the entire surface in 24 sq inch sections, using a mix of car wash (soap) and water as a lubricant in a spray bottle. After that you wash again using their Z-7 soap. Dry with an appropriate Chamois.

That's when it gets fun. I use the following, in this order: Z-5, Z-6, Z-2. The 5 is a fine scratch remover and made for dark colored cars. The 6 is a gloss enhancer and is best used between coats. Z-2 is their optically perfect polish. I also use their Zaino Plastic Magic on my painted plastic surfaces (like inboard of the headlights and the rear CHMSL).

bbyer, it's kind of the opposite of what you said. Because all Zaino products are NON abrasive, you do not have to know what you are doing. Plus it comes with pretty solid instructions. It also smells really good! :)

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
copied it all down

I copied the instructions down so they will not be lost.

This will turn out to be an all week task. I guess that is why the results are better than average; the effort required is more than average also.

We have something up here call Ming Shine - not one of those national chain things I gather but a local group of detailing shops that I think does something similar. It seems to kind of work but is not free either.

http://mingcarcare.ca/service/ming-mirror-finish/

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bbyer, probably didn't need to copy it down. If you wind up purchasing some Zaino products (I recommend the ~$95 kit) it comes with the procedure printed out on paper.

The Ming stuff looks interesting. Could be similar to Zaino in that it's neither a polish nor a wax.

LizE

Reaction score
Thank you!

I had this same issue tonight. It was my broken tail light. How that and transmission errors go together I'll never understand.

I registered tonight just to let you guys know how much this thread helped us tonight. Thank you!!

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hill Descent system - only on Land Rover

The brake light switch has two sets of contacts - one set to the brake light bulbs and the other set to the ABS module which is connected to the engine computer which is connected to the tranny which ... and it goes on.

Yes, other vehicles have ABS, anti skid, and engine computers as well as an electronically shifted transmission, but we also have the Hill Descent function.

When the Hill Descent system engages to ****** acceleration downhill, it uses not only the brakes but also the tranny and engine, plus the system also turns the brake lights on. The Hill Descent system is what no other vehicle has and with it tied to the brake lights, that is I think the offending connection and the reason for the odd couple relationship.

smhube00

Reaction score
I have a 2009 lr3

I am getting the HDR,abs , tire pressure monitor ect lights

I have a new battery , change the break light switch. But no change

Radio , act nor the nav does not work

It want start either.

What should I do next

EDBENI

Reaction score
The other day after buying gas at the gas station I drove off and at the middle of the road I felt my car changed sound and it became hard to accelerate and i got the transmission fault displayed along side other light I use to have like HDC not working or something like that, break worn, ABS not available and even when I try to use the terrain button it will tell me that suspension is lowered for safety. Please does this have anything to do with the break light switch? My car is a 2011 RRS with 32k miles

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV