Trunk Hatch Won't Open

Discussion in 'LR3' started by angasreid, Jul 7, 2009.

1. angasreid

angasreid Full Access Member

So today after trying to throw some bikes in the back I went to open my hatch. I hit the button, but apparently my reflexes were too quick for the mechanism.

I heard the latch open, but it physically didn't open yet. It's stuck now. If I hit the button to open the latch, it makes the noise, just won't open.

The dash light isn't on saying the hatch is open, but I'm pissed. I cannot get into my trunk. has anyone experience this or know what to do to get this fixed without a dealership visit?

2. GreyMatter

GreyMatter Full Access Member

the top or the bottom?

3. drzjoint

drzjoint Full Access Member

Broken cable search old posts on how to repair.

4. angasreid

angasreid Full Access Member

Thanks for the help. I've tried to take apart a few things but can't figure out how it works. The link doesn't have any pictures anymore, and I'm not trying to mess anything up more than it is. Gotta love the "Search the forum" response. I'll be taking it to the dealer.

5. toddjb122

toddjb122 Full Access Member

Angas, I don't have time to post specifcs now, but search the forum for that topic and my replies...

6. Tirewall

Tirewall Member

I had mine fixed by a former LR tech. He said he had to replace the switch. He had to access the tailgate from the inside by removing the plastic surrounds...says it is very easy to crack them if you don't do it right. He is in Branford, CT. I don't imagine you are in New England. If you are, I can give you his #.