Trying to figure out if blown head gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anothersilver

Reaction score
I have a 4.4 V8 2005 LR3. It ran low on coolant until the heater stopped working. The drove fine for many miles probably 70-100 at 65mph in this state and it never gave a low coolant or overheating error. I have since added coolant but I have noticed a white smoke comes from the exhaust after the engine has run for a few minutes. Is this a head gasket failure or could there be another way for coolant to enter the combustion chamber? It is odd because the car is running fine minus the white smoke. Can the LR3 overheat without a dashboard warning? I thought that only happened with the older engines.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the plastic T connector on the coolant lines just under the engine cover on the forward aspect of the top of the engine....driver's side.
The coolant lines flex enough under heavy vibration to beat the crappy plastic T-connector against the engine until it cracks and leaks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut