turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danshepp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anybody tell me if there is a small turbo available for fitting onto a 2.286 series diesel, maybe 5 or 10 horsepower i have heard(this maybe an urban myth) that if you have the perkins diesel engine, you maybe be able to use the turbos from small dumpers etc which are fitted with perkins turbo diesel engines?

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a Turbo kit for the 2.25 petrol sold by DAP in the 80's. Don't know who made it, might have been Bearmach. Don't know about the diesel, but I don't think I'd put a turbo on a 2.25 diesel, especially a 3 main bearing one. But turbos come in all sizes, so you could size one for yours, but given how low a boost you'd want to safely run, I don't think it would be worth it.
If it's the Perkins 4-203 you are talking about, they weren't available with a turbo, but they are very robust engines so personally I think it would be a good candidate.
For a series, I'd sooner just get a 200Tdi for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut