Ummm Is this normal ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
This leak has been there from some time and I think it might be getting worse? This is a picture of the front drivers side--right below the power steering pump. The pic is from April 2004 before I lifted the rover. I was under the rover last night and it looks twice as bad. Anybody want to take a stab as to where that leak might be ?? Or maybe its just power steering fluid? However the ps reservoir is full.
Thanks, Mel

Attachments

• Cnv0073.jpg
    Cnv0073.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 265

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if it will be PS fluid, then how come (now my neck is all stiff from having to be at 90 degree turn) you got it on bits of your brake hoose? How old your truck again? Easy thing to look at
pry that rubber sleeve on that brake hoose away (one that near end of hoose, one that we see on this picture and look. I have sneaking suspicion that there is quite a wet rusty area under it.

But then i am may be still under huge impression of what mine looked like when i took them off.. I was absolutely terrified.

And if you got D2 (looks like D1, but then i have selective amnesia, you can tell), then it also can be your washer bottle leakiiiiiin' badly.

D

discomike

Melissa,
Buy you books, send you to school and you still can't find a leak on your truck, I just don't know!!!
See if you can find one place where there is a fresh drop of fluid hanging to the truck, what color is it?
Red is going to be p/s fluid, watery would be coolant and smell sweet, brownish will be engine oil.
Bet it will be p/s fluid even though you may have plenty in the resevior.
Get back to us.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
The problem is Mike there is no color. Black and really greasy ..Good thing I was wearing gloves. I have a feeling there is a leak coming from the high pressure hose on the power steering system? Thank you again for all the help.. I am anit -dealership ($130.00 an hour is too steep) so I will fix this myself this weekend (if I can). Any other thoughts are always appreciated.
Mel

D

discomike

Check out some of the auto parts store, like Kragen, and see if they have a product called Lucas Power Steering Stop leak, buy one bottle.
If you can, power scrub all the oil from the top and bottom of the truck in that area, and drive it , check it out a little later in the day and see if you can see some fresh fluid leaking. Once you know where it is leaking pull out a little of the old power steering fluid and put the bottle of Lucas in. It may not stop it all but it will make a huge difference.
Good luck,
Mike J.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thats not a leak. Thats controlled seapage!

Seriously though, folllow mikes instructions.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a way to make sure you have fresh p.s. fluid -- you cycle through a full reservoir's worth every six months or so!

:biggrin:

C

Cozmo

Reminds me of the joke.....Why don't the British make computers?...............They can't figure out how to make them leak oil!!!......

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi