Unable to post on the For Sale forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Basque 1

Reaction score
To the Forum Administrator:
I have been trying to post a couple of items off my Range Rover HSE for sale, however, I am prevented to do so due to lack of privileges. Can someone explain to me why this is happening? I know my account is new but I have the same time in other forums and I am allowed to post them as well.
tks
Lou

Basque 1

Reaction score
To the Forum Administrator:
I have been trying to post a couple of items off my Range Rover HSE for sale, however, I am prevented to do so due to lack of privileges. Can someone explain to me why this is happening? I know my account is new but I have the same time in other forums and I am allowed to post them as well.
tks
Lou
Is there anyone alive??? monitoring this forum!!! it seems that postings are either ignored or no one cares!:confused:

Regular Guy

Reaction score
I mean, not for nothing (yeah I'm from Jersey) but you're complaining about a free forum with mods that VOLUNTEER their time, in less than an hour no less. Here's a quick hip pocket class on how the internet works. If you have a high traffic site like Stackoverflow, (tried to pick something obscure to most) you have a ton of views on your page , advertisers pay the sites based off of views (which is why you have YouTube channels WELL into 6 figures.) just like neilson ratings w/ TV. The more views, the more $$$! Now when you have a smaller page (albeit w/ a passionate fanbase) you cannot command the Same money, meaning the people running this site are also working for a living & volunteering to square away the website.

Now

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly I didn't notice this post. For sale section requires a certain number of posts and at least a month of activity if I recall correctly. This prevents spam and crap from getting posted and postings from people just stopping in to post and leave and never come back to check things.

Hope this helps. And yes I volunteer my time and sadly can't spend all day checking or assisting people on here all day everyday.

Basque 1

Reaction score
Joey & Regular Guy:
I am sorry if I came across heavy handed for a reply, I understand fully that these forums are volunteer moderators and that we all work for a living vs monitoring these.

All this said, other forums provide "stickies" of how to navigate the forum and preclude the members from asking for so much feedback.

I apologize if I upset you both but I felt that it is a very unresponsive forum despite the fact that there are some viewers no one answers.

I belong to 4 other forums ; 2 for Range Rovers and 2 for Cobras and the response is acceptably fast and these have the how to stickies that help out a lot.

Joey Thank you for letting me know that due to the age of my account I can't post classified yet, that is understandable and makes sense.
Sincerely
Lou (Basque 1)

Hplr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue and no one has informed me as to how many posts I need to use the classifieds. It's no big deal, I would just like to be able to post on the classifieds and not clutter up the LR4 general discussion page. Guess I'll just wait and see if at some point I can post there.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
At 50 posts you should be able to post in the classifieds, if not please PM me and I will look into it.

Fluffhead

Reaction score
50? Wow! Guess I have a lot to go and I no longer have my LR3 to post about. I guess I'll have to figure out another way to sell what I have leftover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut