Weak windshield washer spray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ttweedy

Reaction score
So has anyone had the issue with a weak washer spray. My assumption it's needing a new pump.

Thanks,
Todd

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Thx, I checked the nozzles and they appeared to be clear. I rooted around with a pin and nothing.

Thoughts?

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just start at the reservoir and try to trouble shoot from there. If you don't have a shop manual can see if I can upload the wiper section.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to took me so long to send this, I never think about it when I'm at home, attached is the overview, if you want a single component let me know, there are about 8 sections under windscreen washing system.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    638.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Specifications.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 50

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar issue.

Ended up being my Resovoir was cracked, and simply had a small amount in the tank—so not enough fluid to prime/allow much pressure to build up.

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Thx, mine will hold fluid no problem. It just arch's it to the bottom half of the windshield. When your driving it's no good at all.

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try replacing the nozzles first.

Then--if that doesn't fix it--disconnect the tubing to one of the nozzles, and hook to a long tube from another car's nozzle(that you've disconnected)

Basically--you're using Car B's pump to test YOUR LR's nozzle.

If it squirts great--you know the pump is shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV