Weird popping noise?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

g ride

I have been noticing a weird "popping" noise when I turn. It sounds like it is coming from the rear of the vehicle, but I can't tell. It is only when I turn. Does anyone know what this could be from???? Help; thanks!

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the year and model of your rig, and the mileage? is it both when turning right and left?, Moving or standing still? Have someone turn your wheels, (while engine is running) and in park. Get under and LISTEN & observe. Something is not right, you are correct...but because it is a "popping" noise, that signifies that the damaged, or out of adjustment part, is "stressing", not completely disfunctional. How is your alignment? Do you go off-road often? Check your power-steering fluid, and put a stethescope or listening device on the steering box if you don't pin-point the noise at any of the steering links. Also listen to your front differential....And rear diff. .Also, check your rear suspension and drive yolk ..It could be as simple as a loose bolt or as complicated as your Spider gears??? Whatever you do...don't over stress that front-end, or rear, until you figure it out! The dealer will diagnose this problem, as they have an advantage we don't, THE VEHICLE IS THERE! Let us all know how it goes....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut