Well, its done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Got the pan back on and torqued down. Only time will tell if it will stop the leak.

I also added a quart of Lucas to the oil system so hopefully that will ease the ticking. BTW, does this stuff act instantly or over time?

Thanks

Justin

M

montanablur

I used the Lucas treatment for a power steering fix and it worked within 24 hours, I have quart to drop in my oil with the next change, I also got a bottle for the tranny... Maybe a little overkill but I have heard nothing but good about its affects on rovers...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have used the Engine oil additive, the Transmission Additive, the Power Steering additive and the Fuel system treatment all with success.

The Engine and Transmission Additive work within minutes because of the way it works. The Power Steering takes a little longer, but not much. And the fuel system Treatment is recommended for the first treatement to use one bottle in two consecutive fuel tanks, then one bottle every month. Mine runs great and I know when I did the Seafoam in the intake after using the lucas for about 3 months, I got almost no smoke at all if that says anything for the product.

But this is just my experience, and I am in no way being paid by the Lucas company in any way....just my .02 worth.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, unless you poured it into left crankcase directly (took crankcase breather off and just let oil flow in) it will take a while for oil mixed with additive to get there. So you can hear knocking for that while.

Congratulations on finishing that job :)

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks, it was the worst job ever. I hate oil pans.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait till you will have to do rebuild of t-case... :) I am terrified to even think about doing mine... And i definetly need it.. Not to mention i still need to get stupid filter swap for transmission.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi