What are the best tires for the LR3 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricardo

Reaction score
Hi, i just had to replace the tires of my land rover, i bought the pirellis scorpion zero..
Do this babies do the job ?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the job you are asking them to do.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If you are going to just drive the freeway, go for anything. Personally, I like the Cooper Zeon LTZ's, as they wear a long time, give a good ride, and are incredibly good offroad, especially in rocky areas. Lot's of writeups about them on the net, but mine have over 35k miles at this point, and much of it in hard Colorado rocky trails, and California Rocky and desert trails.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jimbiram,
For mostly highway with occasional rock crawling, would you recommend the cooper zeons over the pirelli scorpion atr's? They now make the ATR's in the correct size and load rating, have me curious.

land crzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best Tire

So far the General Grabber HTS 275/60/18 has been a good tire on and off road.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the cooper zeon or the Hankook at10. I think they are about the 2 best AT tires on the market for the LR3 with an 18" rim If you are going to hit the trail and that you do not have to worry about rubbing with. The Hankook is looking superior to the bfg which is very similar to the General at.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Scorpians have been great.
I am about to buy another set after 40K miles.
I tow a boat and I 4 wheel in grass and gravel.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forum member nwoods has a great blog on what is available:

http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46

I just started Googling each tire and reading about them. Personally, I have decided on the GY Wrangler SilentArmors, because the car will be used 90% on road and I want the quiet ride. Also. the Wrangler SAs are now available in 265/60/18, which I think will be a good size (to avoid rubbing and much speedometer/odometer error). Another thing to consider is your geography; I live in Utah, so I wanted something that was good in ice and snow.

Anyway, 99% of the people here probably know more about tires than me, but this was the approach I took.

Last edited:

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I have over 15,000 miles on the ATRs and love them, very quiet. Great for road/hwy and trail use. They wear well but not sure if they are ideal for rock crawling. I recall reading somewhere that these tires were designed for gravel roads in South America. In addition, these tires are a favorite throughout the UK community.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV