What are the best tires for the LR3 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Do you have the 255/60/18 with the 112H load rating, or the 265/60/18 with the 110H load rating? Which would you recommend?

I have GY wrangler SA's and can't recommend them myself. Although they still have a quiet ride with 40k miles on them, they haven't ever been able to balance smoothly, even with road force balancing. I've hear that the early batches, like mine, had this problem and it's since been corrected, but it'd be taking a chance.

Neither, I run the 19" @ 255/55 R19 H with a load index of 111. They wear well with most of my driving on road...Sorry, but I am not versed to say which of those is better. I know other guys here can chime in on that..

LAarch05LR3

Reaction score
i just ordered "Bridgestone Dueler A/T 693III 285/60R18 116V"
does anyone have any opinions on the sizing? I haven't seen anyone with similarly sized tires, are these not advisable?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are fine. Only thing, since they are wider than stock, move the EAS wire bundle up to the top of the frame rail. You'll find it on the side of the frame rail in the front driver's side wheel well. Just use a zip tie. I'm sure there is more info if you use the search function on this site.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just ordered "Bridgestone Dueler A/T 693III 285/60R18 116V"
does anyone have any opinions on the sizing? I haven't seen anyone with similarly sized tires, are these not advisable?

265/65-18 is a much better ratio on the 8" factory wheel. The wider 285 can contribute noticeably to more wallowing feel on the highway due to the shape bulging out at thread relative to rim width. People do it...but it's not ideal. Next best ratio is 275/65-18 but it's tall enough at 32" to get into slight fender liner mods.

Suit yourself but with the soft suspension I like to keep it as responsive as possible and the tire shape does contribute.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 285/60 on my truck and loved them. Mine, however were mounted to Compomotive wheels, which I am pretty sure are 9" wide. They bulged a tad on those, I can only imagine they would be worse on 8" factory width. The only reason I went with that width tire is because I am in the desert running almost exclusively on sand & dunes. 265/65 are fine for everything else.

*Edit* Nope.. my compos are 8" wide as well.

Matthewwrn

Reaction score
I have had the Nitto Terra Grapplers 255/60/18 for some time now, I absolutely love them. I have tried several different tires on this vehicle (2006 LR3 V6), all of them wearing very quickly. This tire has lasted longer then any of them so far.

Update: Tires have just over 54,000 miles on them but they are ready for replacement.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV