What do these dash lights mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the modulator is bad, this part is not cheap around $1500 to have it replaced IIRC. Also not something easily replaced by a DIY'er.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing you didn't because you can get a new one from Atlantic/British for $2799.00 and that's with superior seals to the original versions (i.e., these are still ZF automatics built in Deutchland but they have better sealing than the factory originals).

Wolf

I did not pay for it. I got the rig after the rebuild (2,000 miles after). The PO paid about $3,200 for the job.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you rebuild the modulator? I've noticed that a lot of these expensive parts that go bad can be easily/cheaply rebuilt by just replacing warn brushes on the motor..... Is there any websites that discuss this kind of stuff in detail? I know we talk about it here, but pics are helpful:)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one I do not have an answer for... I am sure anything can be rebuilt, since it has to be built from something the parts have to be out there in cyber world for access.

Can you rebuild the modulator? I've noticed that a lot of these expensive parts that go bad can be easily/cheaply rebuilt by just replacing warn brushes on the motor..... Is there any websites that discuss this kind of stuff in detail? I know we talk about it here, but pics are helpful:)

98Disco

Reaction score
Land rover put out a new repair kit for these modulators also last year, tho the price went up to about 700 bucks. It comes with the new shuttle valve which Joey mentioned and also a new solenoid control unit, which is the bit on the side of the modulator that all the electrical connectors go into. Bad part is you do need to completely remove the modulator and do a full brake flush when your done. part #SWO500040 fyi

rollguy

Reaction score
Good thing you didn't because you can get a new one from Atlantic/British for $2799.00 and that's with superior seals to the original versions (i.e., these are still ZF automatics built in Deutchland but they have better sealing than the factory originals).

Wolf
At 2800 bucks, the labor would still need to paid for ($800), and that would make it more than the $3,200 that was paid. The PO got quotes above 4 GRAND, so he jumped at the price AAMCO charged.

rollguy

Reaction score
The truck has been sold!

I sold the Disco today (6,16,2009). The new owner is not concerned about the lights, so he will have to deal with them if he chooses.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have another Land Rover? Or are you not planning on owning one again?

rollguy

Reaction score
do you have another Land Rover? Or are you not planning on owning one again?
I don't have another, and not planning to get one. I sort of inherited the 99, and it was fun while it lasted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV