What kind of oil is everyone using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

Just wanted to see what kind of oil you all use. Do you use different kinds in the hot summer and the cold winter? I use chevron 10W-30

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried 5w30 synth, but it turned out to be too thin (been quite.. hmm.. leaky.. :)), or attempted at wrong time.. So i am sticking with 10w40 (older engine and all that) and Lucas add-on untill i get things sorted out (i.e all hoses replaced and all that.. and all old gunk from PO would be finally out from system).

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
10W-30 Always .. I was going to run synthetic but since I bought the Rover @ 50K miles I decided against it. Running synthetic should start on day one, when the vehicle is first bought/or delivered ....Just my opinion of course.
Mel

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Not that i know much about "newer" Land Rovers, the general consensus amongst friends is that as Melissa says.... The synthetic stuff should really be used from new. If you've been running with 10w30 the advice is not to swop to synth.

S

SNNIPER

I Run Penrite Hpr15 On The Road And When I Go Exetreme 4wding Then I Change It To Hpr40(25/75) For The Added Protection

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotella. It's got the soot buster :biggrin:

D

discomike

I run Castrol's Syntec Blend in a 20/50 wt along with the longer K&M oil filter, and more importantly, I change it every 3000 miles for 2 reasons. Rovers tend to run very rich, smell your oil, you can smell high amounts of gas in it, and our engines tend to want to carbon up.
What I am trying to say is use the best oil you can and more importantly change it frequently.
Mike J.

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Castrol GTX 10W30. I'm a caster oil, oops I mean Castrol user.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut