Whats up with the lifetime Auto Transmission Fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after my 5th LR dealer telling me that they do not and Land Rover does not recommend changing the gear box fluid, he said they would do it for $2600 bucks, I proceded to laugh and give him some of my thoughts about Land Rovers service departments knowledge of these machines. So after I calmed down from being quite ****** at this guy; I decided to call ZF transmissions in the U.K. I was able to speak with an engineer who is part of a team that deals with the demands of Land Rover and Jaguar. First and formost, ZF transimissions released documentation to LRNA explaining how the "Life time" fluid idea was wrong and that the gear box should be serviced at 75k. He insisted I contact LRNA and report the dealerships in Houston that turned down my request for service. So I forwarded to me the proper documentation on the ZF 6HP26 transmission. If you would like it, please do not hesitate to contact me. - Regards, Michael

Photoflo

Reaction score
Just visited my Seattle Landrover Dealer to discuss changing my LR3 transmission fluid - 10.6 hours labor + $250 for tranny oil pan with integrated filter + $200 in tranny fluid brings total cost to $2250 with tax.

Sort of insane

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they just don't want to do it. that labor quote seems out of whack. You should go to Bellevue LR and talk with Rahim.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know that they are owned by the same guy, but trust me, their Service Departments are not managed the same way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut