Wheels for LR3 interchange with NonLandrover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamman3

Reaction score
Ok, this is what I have so far for data:

Wheel specifications:
- Pattern: 5 lug
- Pitch Circle Diameter: 120mm
- Offset is 53P (approximately 165mm or 6.5" +/-)

North American wheel talk Translation:
Bolt Pattern
5x120 (not 4.75" which is 5x120.6mm)
Offset:
53 offset (although I have seen other measurements elsewhere IE: 45 & 35)
Centrebore:
72.62 (large - normal cars are 57-61-66)
Bolt diameter
14mm (large - normal cars are 12mm)
8" is the width

So the question is, besides Land Rovers: LR3's, RR sport and RR (06+), what else fits?

I have been told by others (without actually trying them), that Camaro's will fit, even though they are 5x4.75"(5x120.6). BMW's are 5x120, but their offsets are around 15mm offsets, so they may or may not fit.

Has anyone actually tried or fit on other wheels? Does 5x120.6mm fit the 5x120? Does 0.6 of a mm make that much of a difference? One rim shop said yes, one has said no. Anyone with aftermarkets please chime in here.

I am trying to go to a 17" size and am not interested in spending 1000 on stock V6 rims (which I can't find anywhere).

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17 won't fit on the V8 LR3 they won't clear the calipers the V6's have smaller calipers and rotors.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With smaller rotors (Randall - the calibers are the same), you can get 17's to fit. There is an Australian company that makes one that has been used. I think it's called a BB6, but darned if I can remember the name of the company. Lots of help, eh? :)

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With smaller rotors (Randall - the calibers are the same), you can get 17's to fit. There is an Australian company that makes one that has been used. I think it's called a BB6, but darned if I can remember the name of the company. Lots of help, eh? :)

Could it be Disc Brakes Australia (www.dba.com.au)? They make some pretty impressive aftermarket rotors for cars - not sure about Land Rovers.

-Rich

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich, I was not clear enough, the Australian company I'm thinking of makes wheels, and the BB6 is a 17" off road wheel that fits the LR3.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are a few vendors that have some nice wheels that fit. i used to sell most of them and are mostly all decent companies. make sure if you get wheels to check the load ratings if possible. The LR3 is heavy and needs to have the proper equipment. Here are some options that are not big, heavy chrome. I would assume your not looking for that. If you are, let me know and Ill send you another list. Hope this helps.

www.jaos.com
-this company doesnt recognize the Land Rover but should. They make sweet stuff for Rally type vehicles and have some sweet wheels. Call for sizing. Nice stuff.

www.tsw.com
-not too bad. a couple styles to pick from and cheap.

www.redbournewheels.com
-never dealt with them directly. nice wheels made for Land Rovers

www.ozracing.com
- few wheels to fit bolt pattern. nice euro styling. check loads for suv

www.axiswheels.com
-2 or 3 truck/suv options. nice black sets, heavy duty.

www.bbs-usa.com
-no listings for vehicle. plenty to fit bolt pattern. german wheels of choice, lots of OEM's and racing

griffinb

Reaction score
So the LR3 base model (V6) caliper carriers and rotors are cheap. The hard part is finding a cheap alloy rim that fits.

Are we sure the width was 8"? The door sticker of LR3s list 17x7 as one of the potential tire sizes...

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A. That thread is almost 10 yrs old LOL

B. Land Rover 17” IS 7” wide, I have them.

C. Stop trying to use non Land Rover spec wheels for fukk’s sake people. There are a very few designed both for proper machined fitting, proper bolt and nut depth seating, and strength rating. Keep in mind, lr3/4 curb weight is almost 1000 lbs more than most suvs you see the crappy aftermarket wheels on.

D. Best source for alternate wheels is Matzker in Germany but dang they are pricey to get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV