Where to mount the Hi Lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam - they arent bad news. But they arent fool proof, so you just need watch and understand how it all works. Best way is to just practice first, before you really really have to use it. Best display of use i seen so far - was guy in Tracker that was landing high-centered on huge boulder while making his way on side track in Bull's Canyon in Moab. Getting off took him less time (including grabbing hi-lift, setting it up, raising, taking off, putting back) than it took me to even figure out what he was going to do :))

Melissa - if you dont have lift and not travelling deep mud or rocky trails - you may be ok with 48". 60" is just extra insurance, plus extra length for cases when you have to use hi-lift in place of winch to pull things off. Best reason i seen so far for 60" was when tire was changed while vehicle was hanging sideway off the trail. Those extra inches came damn handy. So i am waiting now on my 60" (all cast) to be delivered.. Har har..

That would be another reason to get good sliders - they can be very usefull as jacking points :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi