Where's the leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yet another of the endless issues with the rubbish suspension... say what you want but IMO the air system is an absolute liability.

New air compressor,new front valve and both air struts where replaced over the past year and it still lowers overnight, if I disconnect fuse 26 or whichever is the one that powers the suspension the front suspension lowers while the rear stays up.

The **** mechanic at the dealership said they checked everything and it was the compressor, the indy said it was the valve, so WHERE is it?!?!?!? :mad::mad::hmpf:

Any ideas ?

z1234567890

Reaction score
yet another of the endless issues with the rubbish suspension... say what you want but IMO the air system is an absolute liability.

New air compressor,new front valve and both air struts where replaced over the past year and it still lowers overnight, if I disconnect fuse 26 or whichever is the one that powers the suspension the front suspension lowers while the rear stays up.

The **** mechanic at the dealership said they checked everything and it was the compressor, the indy said it was the valve, so WHERE is it?!?!?!? :mad::mad::hmpf:

Any ideas ?

What exactly happened here :), hopefully you are not mad anymore

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly happened here :), hopefully you are not mad anymore

I have been struggling with the air suspension for a year now...
my lr3 lowers from the front axle despite having new air struts, compressor and air valve block. I have spent a load of money and time on this issue and of course I am still absolutely mad, I will take it to the indy as soon as I have time, just wanted to ask if anyone has got any ideas of where the leak can be as everything is new

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located?

What year / mileage?

Have you gotten under and around it with a spray bottle with some soapy (think dawn) water.. Let's figure it out.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located?

What year / mileage?

Have you gotten under and around it with a spray bottle with some soapy (think dawn) water.. Let's figure it out.

2006/ 68000 miles
not with the new valve and new compressor but if I don't have time to take it to the shop during the week I will do that over the weekend. I do however expect the bloody mechanic to do it for me after changing the parts

Last edited:

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread provides what seems to be a sound approach to diagnosing front valve (isolated area) versus compressor (whole system): http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/136739-Best-way-to-diagnose-LR3-airleak

Thanks mate, I've read it but I knew all those things already it's been a year with suspension issues so I'm basically an air suspension mechanic by now :( Hmmm something odd happened today tho: I drove from the office to my home to have lunch as per usual, and as per usual the front lowered within an hour and a half, I went back to the office and worked for 3 hours... surprise surprise, the LR3 DID NOT go low! the compressor ran for 20-30 secs and that was it (as compared to the now usual min and half or 2 mins), with no notable height change. ***? isn't that weirder still??
I park on a flat surface both at home and at the office

z1234567890

Reaction score
This valve block (either front/rear or reservoir valve block) is something that we can clean like M-A-F sensor or once failed, replaced?

Thanks

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think one can clean them but for the 100 or so usd they cost I changed it...
mine however is still leaking

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA