Windshield with Visible Gridlines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangeRaleigh

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying an LR2. I want the cold climate package because it has heated seats. However, I hate the windshield that comes with the package, because it has visible gridlines that create an annoying glare at night. Does anyone have experience switching this windshield out to one that doesn't have the visible gridlines?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gridlines and glare are only visible because your eyes focus on them. After a few minutes driving, your eyes will train themselves to focus beyond those lines, and before you know it you won't even notice them anymore. :biggrin: Bothered me too, for about a day, when I purchased my first Land Rover with cold weather pack (a 2006 Sport.) If you think you won't get used to it, you can definitely mount a regular windscreen - the heated one hooks up to a couple of connectors that would remain disconnected and unused, that's all. If you live in colder climates where ice and snow are a daily occurrence in winter, you may regret your decision though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut