Windshield

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Jeffry Johnson, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Jeffry Johnson

Jeffry Johnson New Member

Recently purchased a rover lr4. Windshield got a crack in it 2 days after purchase. Has quick defrost. Have a quote for replacement installed for 268$ and some change. Does that sound right?

2. roverman

roverman Full Access Member

Nope.

3. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Not even close. Should be around $900 with installation. And have them replace the clips that hold the black molding on each side of the windshield. If they reuse the clips the molding will rattle.

4. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

The molding will rattle and howl horribly in wind or when driving at speed down the highway.

5. TCM75

TCM75 Well-Known Member

I agree with the clips...I had the dealer replace my cracked windshield at 6mos (I was nervous that an aftermarket company would screw up the heated windshield). It was almost $1000 and several months later the passenger A-pillar trim popped off on the highway. It is very LOUD, but it will not fall off because the bottom portion is kept secure by the hood. The dealer took care of that problem and now the driver side molding is doing the same thing...most likely because of the clips.

6. PeterA

PeterA Full Access Member

I can also add that from my experience go with the OEM windshield if $$ are not an issue -- I didn't realize that Safelite will not use OEM unless requested and I've found with their windshield the rain sensor is not accurate, which is an annoyance when you've come to rely on it.

7. JWA33

JWA33 Member

The OEM Windshield replacement for our Evoque a couple months ago, which probably has most of the same features (rain sensor, heated, etc) was $1,200 at the local dealer's preferred place. The clips are cheap, be sure to do them.