Would you buy this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

Evian

I found a guy who uses a 1993 Range Rover to haul all of his flea market items to the flea market. This guy name is Smith. He is a pig. He doesn't seem to know one end of the screw driver from the other. He has turned this truck into a trash hauler. The body is in good condition. It does have 3 holes in the floor boards nothing serious. The interior of this car is a nightmare. He has door panels removed, rear back panels removed and almost all the other air vent panels removed. The roof liner is falling down. The engine has a slight leak from the oil pan screw. The engine is completely dry on top and on its sides. It starts with the use of a wire that is connected to the battery which runs the length of the truck to the fuel pump. The wire is attached to the side of the truck. The radio is removed and so is half of the console. The center link needs to be replaced. I see so many wires exposed that I wonder why this truck hasn't electrocuted anyone. The frame on the truck is good. The rotors are good. The stances of the truck is good. When the truck is on there is no knocking noises coming from the truck. It sounds great. I haven't taken it for a ride yet. I have an appointment to drive it tonight. He is asking $1750 for this truck. If it drive well and doesn't produce any odd noises should I buy it? Would you buy it? He seems to have all the parts that are removed just lying inside of the truck. I am concerned about the swivel balls. They look good but how do I know if they are bad without checking the fluid or grease?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
swivels I posted in you other post..... the only way I would buy a '93 in the condition you mention is if a) I planned to fix everything, or b) I was making an off road rig.

D

disco1

From the sound of it, it must look something like this.....

Attachments

• jeep1.JPG
    jeep1.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 112
F

fbaer

If he trashes the interior, how often do you think he changed the oil and other fluids?

i looked at a 92 RR classic with 106K miles, an engine that was replaced at 55K miles, with only a very small amount of surface rust. It needs brakes badly, the interior is really clean, and aaside from the drivers seat stuck in the up position (wont lower but will move back and forth) and the front passenger door not opening with the remote everything else worked. He is asking $2k for it. (Really good paint too) It also has a good solid brush bar in front and an aftermarket bumper (I think)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA