Wth are a/c drains on 98 Disco I??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magnustampa

Reaction score
Loose drains above, Tolinga

I had the same problem, even after clearing the drains, I would sometimes get a flooded floor. If you look to the left of the glovebox (if you have a US model) on the console, you will see what is probably a black cardboard-type cover going from the console to under the glovebox. It has 3 plastic "screws" holding it on. They are the type you can just grab the cardboard where the screw is and pull it off (the cardboard panel is pretty weak, hold it and the screw while you pull or it will rip like mine did).

Now that you have that off, you can look at that side of the console and you should see a black rubber hose, soft, about 1/2" or so diameter, running straight down. This is your drain line. The other side of the console has one too. You may have to tug the edge of the carpet back to see it, but for some inane reason, it is loosely hooked into another piece of drain hose. No connection, it is just like two straws fitted together!

When I pulled the top part of the hose from the bottom, I could see that there was gunk in here too. I used an air hose to blow it out (it blew the ******* out underneath the Rover, but they are worthless anyway). After that, I used some black sealant and fitted the two pieces of hose back together. Now cleared and connected with sealant, I have not had any further flooding incidents, even on long drives with a/c or heavy rains. Good luck!

tolinga

Reaction score
Hey magnustampa,

Thanks, I will get to that in the AM. Sounds like it might just be the fix!

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those crosscut ******* keep water from backing up into cabin during river crossings

You guys might check your pre-filter if your're getting debris in those lines.
that means crap is getting sucked into blower compartment.

The prefilter is suppose to be under the hood in front of the windshield - (full width)

mine was rotting foam & I replaced it with a piece of standard window screen - works great to keep leaves & twig out

luck,greg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi