Yet Another problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

Melissa,
You can do that, I bet, and come out with all your hair intact. Just take your time, cleaning everthing as much as you can before you open the tank up. I think you have a sock on the tank, if so make sure to replace it and the filter also, if it hasn't been done in awhile.
By the way, did it start OK this morning ??
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Mike this is what I do not understand. Rover started up just fine this morning ?? First time. I called a few friends/mechanics, they all seem to think it is indeed the fuel pump. One mentioned electrical though. Any thoughts??

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember Melissa, you don't need the ol' taste test on this one. :ahhhhh:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Melissa, just a thought, before you go buy a new fuel pump. Take out the carpet and check the fuel pump and wiring....you may just have some bad wires or some corrosion starting back there. It isn't like these are known for staying corrosion free.

Just me .02 worth.

D

discomike

Melissa,
We have to quit meeting this way!!
Just kidding, remember I mentioned starting and driving and even some full throttle stuff. The reason I mentioned that was, when a fuel pump starts showing it's age it happens when warm or hot on a trip, let it cool off and it will be fine again for awhile.
I would say it is a good time to startr looking for a good deal on a pump. Oh and by the way, watch out so you don't smoke so hair.
Take care,
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone. I will keep you posted .. My sincerest apology to Matt. I hi-jacked another thread!!! Grrrrrrrr!! Oh well, I hope that my Rover misfortune will help someone else down the line. :wink: Mel

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its ok. Its related anyway.. I checked the air filter today, seemed its old white colored self. Im yet to check the gas filter.. but to do that i think ill have to go to a mechanic... Do you guys thinking that a loud roar that the engine makes after running for 30mins is related to this problem?

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
A roar ?? Mine will roar on start up. Sounds like a lion. But then it stops unless I am accelerating.

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a different board a person told me that quote "Also the roar is just the hydraulic clutch fan. The engine is hot the fan engages and it roars like a banshee. (Actually it is a good sign)" but im not sure if this is correct. Its like after the engine runs for like 30minutes, its not quiet anymore. Its the same type of sound when u just started the engine and its still cold. That underpowered sound. It dissappears when the temp reaches its normal, but then the sound returns 20- to 60 minutes later. I have no idea what this is. New oil would solve this problem but i just got new oil like a month ago..