‘19 20inch Discover wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if a set of 2019 Discover 20inch wheels will fit on my 2015 LR4? The 20inch Discover wheels have 255/55R20 tires on them atm.

thanks all

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same looking wheel seems to have different part numbers and slightly different specs?

Says below should fit Discovery 3 and 4(mines a 2015 US LR4 Lux)
Land Rover Part Number: LR050887
8.5 J X 20 H2 IS 53

Says below should fit Discovery 5(or coming off a 2019 US Discover)
Land Rover Part Number: LR081587
8.5 J X 20 H2 IS 47

They look exactly the same in the pictures but I noticed the different part numbers and the LR4 one ends with a 53(is this offset?) and the 2019 Discovery one ends with a 47. So maybe it simply comes down to 53 vs 47 and if that really matters? Any wheel experts know what this means and have an opinion?

Wife wants black rims on her white LR4 and I’m thinking going from 19 to 20inch will give me much more option selection on tires. Oh….plus the Discovery rims are a great price lol.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. The offset is slightly different between the two. Otherwise, it should work fine. No experience, though.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. The offset is slightly different between the two. Otherwise, it should work fine. No experience, though.
Thanks. Did you ever have luck with those rubber TPMS from discount tire?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
They look exactly the same in the pictures but I noticed the different part numbers and the LR4 one ends with a 53(is this offset?) and the 2019 Discovery one ends with a 47. So maybe it simply comes down to 53 vs 47 and if that really matters? Any wheel experts know what this means and have an opinion?
The et or offset is really the geometry of the wheel where the center of the hub is related to the width of the rim. If you look at the image below, the positive offset is pushing the hub towards the face of the wheel. So, a higher positive offset will actually push your rim/wheel inward towards your UCA. The lower the offset will push your wheel outwards towards and away from the UCA. 53mm and 47mm is so slight of a difference that it doesn't really matter, unless you're running wider tires. I think oem LR4 is offset 44, so, you'll be fine.

1632760412191.png

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Did you ever have luck with those rubber TPMS from discount tire?

I could never find anything that said anything other than the OEM Land Rover TPMS worked. Even the one aftermarket source that was recommended in an old thread on this forum (tpmsdirect.com) appears to only carry the OEM sensors now.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The et or offset is really the geometry of the wheel where the center of the hub is related to the width of the rim. If you look at the image below, the positive offset is pushing the hub towards the face of the wheel. So, a higher positive offset will actually push your rim/wheel inward towards your UCA. The lower the offset will push your wheel outwards towards and away from the UCA. 53mm and 47mm is so slight of a difference that it doesn't really matter, unless you're running wider tires. I think oem LR4 is offset 44, so, you'll be fine.

View attachment 20772

Dang thank you for the reply! I found a set of the Black 20inch wheels from a 2019 Discovery for $700 and thought I'd jump on it IF they would work...Seems I will be GTG. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV