05 LR3 fuel injector cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tboard24

Reaction score
I have an 05 4.4 LR3 that has the schrader valve at the fuel rail. Been having multiple cylinder misfires after getting gas at a suspect gas station. I bought a chinese non dismantle canister cleaning kit off ebay that didn’t have the right fitting for the schrader valve but I managed to cobble something together with different hoses and fittings. Hooked it up and managed to get the rover started but noticed gas spewing from one of the fittings so I shut it down. So I got a smaller ID fuel hose and a much tighter connection but when I hook it back up I can't get it to start on the pressurized canister at all now. I've tried 50-75psi. If I put the fuel pump fuse back in it starts right up. I even tried leaving the canister hooked up, starting car and pulling fuel pump fuse and it just dies.

On this forum or a different one I read of another person with an 05, the only MY with the schrader valve on the rail, who had the same problem when trying to do the cleaning service at the valve. The hose would pressurize but the car wouldn't start off the canister.

Is the Schrader valve meant only to check the pressure but not to service it? Is there a better spot to do the service on a MY 05? Right beside the valve is a hose connecting the LH to RH fuel rails. I’ve considered splicing a brass T fitting to do the service and then replace with a regular straight fitting afterwards. Should work but adds another potential failure point unless I just replace the hose all the way across.

Any advice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV