05 Sunroof glass shattered - How to align new glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Friday, I came out of the mall to see my 05 LR3 HSE sunroof glass cracked and shattered. I have no idea how it happened, and there were no apparent impact spots at all.

Anyhow, I am going to buy a new panel on Monday. It appears to be a simple install. However, I can't get the "Roof Opening Panel Alignment" instructions to come up. The other related docs come up fine, including how to remove/install. It is just the alignment one that won't show.

I am looking for this: "Align the roof opening panel glass. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Alignment (76.84.82) (Section 501-17)"

I get all the docs from GTR except this one. It comes up blank. Does anyone have this seciton? Please help asap.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof Opening Panel Alignment (76.84.82)

Here you go:
Roof Opening Panel Alignment (76.84.82)

1. With the roof opening panel closed, check the alignment of the glass to the roof panel. The glass should be central in its aperture. Profile of sunroof to body:
Front edge, set flush or up to 1.0 mm (0.040' ) low.
Rear edge, set flush or up to 1.0 mm (0.040' ) high.

2. Open the roof opening panel blind.

3. Loosen the 6 roof opening panel Torx bolts.

4. Align the roof opening panel.
Tighten the Torx screws to 6 Nm (4 lb.ft).

5. Close the roof opening panel blind.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, very good news. I went to pick up the replacment sunroof glass panel at Land Rover of Frisco, TX. I had taken out the fractured/shattered one, and had the service writer take a look at it. He had the service manager then look at it, and much to my happiness, they indicated that LR would cover it under warranty.

It sure was a wierd break. Just sitting there still in a parking lot, and it cracks/shatters. Oddest thing. In looking at it, there was zero evidence of anything striking it, etc.

I really have to thank LR Frisco. Not only did they take time out to come out and look at it, they also fit me right into the schedule at the same time! Very good LR dealer experience today.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the positive report! Too few of them it seems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV