06' LR3 Christmas tree of fault lights HDC, Park brake, lowered suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foxsport7

Reaction score
I have a Christmas tree of faults and lights. Im very mechanical but have never had to spend a lot of time on electrical and this car has a lot of modules talking to each other. With so many faults at once, my guess is that this is something basic.
  • Amber Brake light is on. In message info box it says Transmission Fault. Suspension is lowered. HDC is not available. HDC and suspension lights are on dash. ON Traction control selector, I cannot engage yellow HDC button, high/low selector or up and down.
  • When car starts up I hold foot on brake. I have always assumed that foot must be on brake to start and move out of park and into gear. As soon as I take foot off brake the suspension lights kick in and suspension lowers along with HDC warning messages.
  • I noticed something odd in that I can switch gears without my foot on break. When pulling parking brake switch I get amber and red light.
First questions are brake light switch (replaced twice), Battery (Brand New) and Alternator (New). I have the landrover diagnostics tool and battery is fully charged and putting out 14V. No issue with alternator or battery.

I do however have something draining on the battery and that is the reason I have had to replace the last 2 batteries if I didnt drive for say 2 weeks. With hood open I have 5.5 amps drawing of the battery.
It should be noted that I have had water in the floor panels from a leaky roof drain. Fixed now and dried car out. I cannot find and bad wires or grounds. I have pulled wiring and plan to encapsulate with heat shrink to protect.
I have also replaced all light bulbs with Landrover OEM bulbs from dealer this week.

Here are all the Module Fault codes pulled from the Landrover diagnostics tool.

TCM Module
  • P173E - Ignition key lock solenoid - circuit low
Body Control Module
  • B1D12 - Volumetric power circuit
  • B1C57 - Passive Start ignition relay coil circuit
  • U0155 - Lost Control with instrument panel
  • B1B02 - Low Frequency Coil
ABS and Vehicle Dynamics Control Module
  • CIA96 Brake Light Circuit - (Changed Brake Light switch multiple times)
Instrument Control Panel
  • U0102 - Lost control with TCM
  • NO DTC description
Parking Assist Module
  • B1B44 - Rear Right Outer Sensor
  • B1B36 - Front Right Outer Sensor
  • B1B42 Front left Inner Sensor
  • B1B57 Front sensors Power Circuit
  • B1B58 Rear Sensors Power Circuit
  • U0155 Lost connection with instrument panel module
  • U0140 - Lost connection with Body Control Module
  • U0300 - Software Incompatibility
PCM Parking Brake Control Module
  • U2002 - Switch General Faulure
Ride Control Module
  • U0416 - Invalid data from Vehicle Dynamics Control Module
All Terrain Module
  • U046 Invalid data from Vehicle Dynamics control module
  • U0421 Invalid data from Ride Control Module

Cellular Phone Control Module
  • B1A00 - Control Module
  • U3000 - Control Module
  • My radio doesn't work. Amp, headphones, CD player and Aux all work and blast properly. Wondering if phone is stuck in bluetooth cell mode.
Not sure where to start at this point. This was happening intermittently for a few weeks and I could go 45 minutes with no issues. No it occurs right on start up. When working I can hear the air compressor going up and done and it holds. When I took foot of brake it all goes out. I have checked every fuse and they work. I am assuming that with so many fault codes it has to be something electrical that is triggering all these components at once.

Chris Clay

Reaction score
I swear, I have the same exact problems out of my ‘06 LR3... the very same... took mine to an independent shop; they quote me $2500 for new compressor, but said absolutely nothing about my passenger floor being soak & wet... I do not need a compressor, I need a solution to this electrical problem I have...

4410FB65-9B5C-4E68-9689-EC389D7D729B.jpeg

carolynnwh

Reaction score
I have an '06 LR3 that had the same issue. All the came on at once. Brake, HDC and suspension lowered. It's a common problem. Caused by a brake light control switch. It's about a $10-$20 part through Atlantic British and easy to replace yourself in about 30min. It fixed the problem.
Here's the part from Atlantic British:

Here's a link to a video that shows you how to do it:

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't always the brake switch, and that fault looks like something different since the CEL is also on. It could be voltage related, water ingress related, etc. You need the fault codes.

Noir

Reaction score
Does that brake switch replacement fix the parking brake light being on even when it isn't engaged? Waiting on gap tool to come so I can grab some more info on mine, but I get the hdc, lowered and cruise not available just randomly. Usually when slow creeping, put the truck in low and went up a steep hill, worked perfectly, two days later dropped kid off at school and slowly crept up and the errors came on. Figuring it has to be software or some other small thing causing havoc with the rest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack