06 LR3 P0175 check engine code just came on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amosier23

Reaction score
Alright guys, here's the newest challenge with the truck. I was driving into work this morning and the check engine light came on. So when I parked, I pulled out my trusty Black&Decker code reader and checked it out. Got 1 error of P0175. The book says "Bank 2 System Too Rich". I haven't checked the air filter area yet as it just happened, but I assume that would be a first place to look.

I did notice right after my last fill up a couple days ago, my range said only around 340 miles, when it usually jumps up to 390ish. So I did find that odd. Could it be bad gas (haha)?

Thanks for your help.

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a number of things:

- Stuck injector(s) on Bank 2
- Bad O2 Sensor(s) on the 2nd bank
- poor spark on the 2nd bank (meaning new plugs or coil pack)

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey any information on what the resolution was?

Alright guys, here's the newest challenge with the truck. I was driving into work this morning and the check engine light came on. So when I parked, I pulled out my trusty Black&Decker code reader and checked it out. Got 1 error of P0175. The book says "Bank 2 System Too Rich". I haven't checked the air filter area yet as it just happened, but I assume that would be a first place to look.

I did notice right after my last fill up a couple days ago, my range said only around 340 miles, when it usually jumps up to 390ish. So I did find that odd. Could it be bad gas (haha)?

Thanks for your help.

BigZ

Reaction score
I ran into this code a few months back along with spark knock, bluish smoke (occasional) at startup and drop in fuel economy. Pulled the injectors and had them rebuilt at a local shop. All the injectors were plugged up and two stuck open. Replaced the plugs, oil/filter at the same time. There was literally zero difference in performance and now the smoke issue has gotten worse but only on startup. Changed the pcv, cleaned the MAP, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the EGR. Still smoke at startup, engine runs good no misfires. Ordered an EGR and will install this weekend. Did not want to do this but still getting spark knock intermittently on heavy load. As for the smoke issue, could be valve seals. It runs great, no codes. Fuel trim levels are perfect, map seems to read normally, no vacuum leaks. I will find out the smoke at startup culprit eventually. MPG has dropped to 11 city, 12.5 highway. Was getting 13 city 16 highway.

BigZ

Reaction score
A follow up, I changed the EGR valve and this seems to have solved my issues. No smoke on startup/heavy load, no spark knock, better mpg. I bought an LR2 a week ago and pulled it home on a 20' aluminum car hauler. I estimate the weight of trailer and LR2 to be 5500 - 6000lbs. No spark knock, no smoke.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA