06 RR Supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gravitylover

Reaction score
Hey all :hello: I'm new to the LR world, will be picking up my first one tomorrow. My buddy who owns a Euro service shop found a mechanically solid 06 Range Rover Supercharged at a price that is too good for me to turn down, he's been going through it and dialing it in including new tires and a bunch of other important stuff. All I keep hearing is 'don't do it' 'run away' and a whole host of terrible stories but I'm trusting him to get this right for me. My perspective is that it's nearly 15 years old with 120k miles so most of the bugs should have been worked out by now and with a little TLC and service it should provide at least a few years of good old tough truck service for me while being really nice, certainly a whole lot nicer than the 06 Durango rustbucket I just sold to help pay for it. Having had that D I know what it's like to have ChryCo gremlins running around so how much worse could it be in a LR product :flute: especially since this one is nearly rust free.

I'll get some pics up after I pick it up. I know there are some trim pieces it needs and the body is NY suburban abused but everything around here is so no big deal. Is there a good resource for used body and trim pieces here in the northeast? I may also be open to grabbing a complete parts truck at some point if I can figure out where to keep it because my town doesn't allow storing unregistered vehicles on the property. Funny thing about a parts truck is for what I'm paying for this thing it might cost as much for a non runner as this is costing me.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope to have some good stuff to contribute soon. :driver:

gravitylover

Reaction score
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mMqFzCCYfXRYYevv9 I'll eventually figure out a better way to add pics but for now this will work.

After 2 weeks and 3k miles I'm really enjoying this truck. It needs some stuff replaced (big surprise right) like the control arms and sway links, the rear brake pads are shot so those will be here tomorrow and get done while the weather is still nice and warm and I need to go at the hazy headlights again but it is a pleasure on the road and I'm glad I made the purchase. Now the trick is keeping the prince of darkness guy away :laugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA