16 RANGE ROVER TAIL LIGHTS CONDENSATION?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesUSMC

Reaction score
I recently bought a "newish" 16' HSE and after a few weeks I noticed a lot of condensation inside my drivers side tail light. The light seems to work fine, but it looks terrible.

Has anyone encountered this? I don't want to spend $700.00 on a new tail light, but then again...

I thought maybe taking it out, seeing if I could take off the lens and re-seal with silicone might do the trick???

Thanks,

James
USMC(R)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would agree with that it is probably a seal going bad or a small crack. Dry it out and seal it up.

JamesUSMC

Reaction score
Thanks - after some long thoughts on it, and tons of research - I don't know if I want to buy another one from China for $200.00 with no return policy. Then there is always the $700.00 version from LR (OEM), and since that one failed already, I'm not 100% comfy.

I decided to take it off, stuck a tube/hair dryer in the only grommet/wire plug that is removable and letting it air out. I'll reseal with some weatherproof silicon and let everyone know how this works. Who knows, if nothing else, I've wasted a day and spent about $8.00.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV