18’ Tuff ant wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my 18’ Tuff ant wheels attempted to be mounted and me being clueless though that these were made so you didn’t have to grind the calipers down or put use spacers. Just to make sure I’m not missing anything, I do have to do one of those options correct. I’d also appreciate to hear why you made the decision you made. Thanks!

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the spacers, but seriously, if you have to grind a bit to get them to work don't sweat it.

I know that kind of thing makes some people nervous, but mine were ground more than 50K miles ago and have given no issues whatsoever.

Grind them if needed, hit them with some spray paint and forget about them until it's time for a brake job.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two tuffant wheels, the MK1 and MK2

The MK1 is LR4 fitment (ET44) and should fit on the L319 without any modification. At least it did on my car.

The MK2 has a numerically lower offset (ET27) and should fit both D4 and D5. I think (?) that would push the tire outward, so you still shouldn't have to grind. In fact I think you'd have more clearance?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have the MK1 ET44’s and they said they didn’t fit. Not sure what the trouble is.

There are two tuffant wheels, the MK1 and MK2

The MK1 is LR4 fitment (ET44) and should fit on the L319 without any modification. At least it did on my car.

The MK2 has a numerically lower offset (ET27) and should fit both D4 and D5. I think (?) that would push the tire outward, so you still shouldn't have to grind. In fact I think you'd have more clearance?

Last edited:

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You haven't done anything crazy like put brakes from a supercharged RRS on yours right ?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: just took it to another tire shop and asked if they could mount them to make sure they fit. Mounted the wheels in front of me and they fit. Got an estimate and it was $60 Cheaper too. Not sure why they magically fit now but

Natassia

Reaction score
Update: just took it to another tire shop and asked if they could mount them to make sure they fit. Mounted the wheels in front of me and they fit. Got an estimate and it was $60 Cheaper too. Not sure why they magically fit now but

Sometimes fitters don't do up the nuts when checking the fitment, and because the TuffAnts are a close clearance design, the nuts need to be done up so that it clears for a full rotation.

Good news you got it all sorted!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV