2-Speed Transfer Case 2016 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the 2-speed transfer case only come with the HD package in the 2016 LR4?

Time to consider getting rid of my much loved LR4, and upgrading. Either to another LR4, or a Discovery 5.

The LR4s are very difficult to find with the 2-speed transfer case.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed, the 2014s+ were single speed unless fitted with the optional HD package (which also included electronic rear lockers, a full size spare and "expanded" Terrain Response with rock crawl mode.)

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why get rid of your current rig? Solved.

Lots of reason.
Mainly I want something newer.
But also I'm hitting that hold your breath till something else breaks phase at 100K.

I want a better infotainment system, streaming BT, better fuel economy, HD package, blind spot monitoring...

Its either an LR4 or a D5...

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my LR4 for work and my accountant keeps nagging me to get a new vehicle so I can write off depreciation. After 4 drives in a D5 I'm at the point of "maybe next year". It's tough to make the transition from the LR4 to a D5.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of reason.
Mainly I want something newer.
But also I'm hitting that hold your breath till something else breaks phase at 100K.

I want a better infotainment system, streaming BT, better fuel economy, HD package, blind spot monitoring...

Its either an LR4 or a D5...

The 2018 D5 is scheduled to go into production on Monday, so I would hold out for that if you go that route, there were a lot of kinks being ironed out this year and it will probably save you a lot of trips to the dealer if you wait. Not sure if the used D4's will drop in price slightly with another passing model year or not. I think the late model ones were a little steep this year with dealers trying to cash in on the transition and knowing a certain segment wanted to get their last LR4 ASAP.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see about 10 different LR4's every day, but today I had a rare sighting of a D5. It was a rust orange color D5 with the dynamic package. Looked really nice, even my daughter thought it looked good and she is a big advocate of me keeping our LR4. (Because she wants it in 18 months when she is old enough to drive it. Then I can buy a new D5 for myself)

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hold out until I know how expensive that SVX model is.
Not sure I want to spend $90k + for an adventure rig...
If the price of special edition RR, and RRS is any indication, it will be that and more

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV